UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.15 Beta (1.7.810/1.7.1974/1.7.1975) - First impression

Beta release 1975 for VeraPlus is a big improvement for VeraPlus. Release 1975 is stable for me (so far).

Findings so far:

1. BUG. Negative Energy values are not displayed in their respective devices. I have solar panels which produce energy. The Watt value defaults to 0 when energy is produced and when I deliver power back to the net. In previous versions (coming from Vera 3 on UI5) it correctly displayed a negative value at Watts when I produce energy.

2. MISSING FEATURE. Ziggbee can not be turned off from GUI.

3. MISSING FEATURE. Bluetooth can not be turned off from GUI.

4. BUG. Dashboard gives alert when a motion sensor detects motion although alarm is not armed.

5. I got CIFS [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=36274.90]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=36274.90[/url] finally workingto to access my NAS. I changed the package store earlier. I therefore don’t know if this beta fixed it. Things I did:
    a) edit opkg.conf in etc directory and changed package store to dl.mios.com/firmware/mt7621/openwrt/ramips/packages
    b) Gave the following command from telnet session: opkg update To update the available packages.
    C) Gave the next command from telnet terminal opkg install --force-depends --force-checksum kmod-nls-utf8 kmod-nls-base kmod-crypto-hmac kmod-crypto-md5 kmod-crypto-misc kmod-fs-cifs

I installed the beta this morning. Big mistake! The unit is now off line. The internet and the service lights are blinking. All other light are on steady. How do I telnet into the box to reboot it?
Power cycled the unit to no avail.

Sorry to hear. Those flashing lights are no good sign.

Use a telnet tool like putty on Windows [url=http://www.putty.org/]http://www.putty.org/[/url].
Connect tot the IP-address of your Vera box.
Logon using root and the password printed on the back of the verabox.
To reboot just enter the “reboot” command.

When starting an upgrade the firmware is normally downloaded and put in /tmp as newmios.squashfs and then used for the upgrade proces. Probably something went wrong, maybe during flashing. In a case like this I really recommend you to contact support. Maybe Marc Shenker from VERA can help you with support to get this fixed soon. He is posting frequently on this forum.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I am unable to telnet into the vera, there is no IP address available. So I cannot even get into the vera. The only IP Address is for the WiFi, but it won’t let me Telnet or SSH into it either. I am realy in a pickle now.

[quote=“hwve, post:4, topic:192831”]Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I am unable to telnet into the vera, there is no IP address available. So I cannot even get into the vera. The only IP Address is for the WiFi, but it won’t let me Telnet or SSH into it either. I am realy in a pickle now.[/quote]

Assuming you made your backup of your system, try a factory reset.

Thats for the response. I do have a backup from just before updating.
A factory reset for the plus is 6 pushes in 6 seconds on the reset button right? Do I then just load the backup and all is as before?

Upgraded my VP to this beta and lost Internet/WAN settings. Had to reenter them.

Keep this in mind if you are trying to connect locally and it fails. You could have the wrong IP address.

Thanks for your response. I ended up doing a factory reset and that gave me access again. After that I uploaded a backup and I ma now good again.

With the new beta, the veraplus finally sees and tries to pair a bunch of my zigbee sensors, however… they show up on dashboard and under devices but they all just come up with the red banner " Waiting for wakeup to configure". No matter what i do with the sensors and settings it wont configure them.

Anyone had luck with this?

I can confirm Vera loosing ‘static’ IP setting after update to newest ‘beta’ and enabling disabled wifi. Also while update lost static IP setting, it didn’t enable DHCP, so Vera was completely offline and inaccessible.

Basically if you have static IP configured while updating to 7.0.15 beta - you will loose access to your Vera and will have to reset and restore from backup to regain it.

There is no benefit setting Vera with a static IP. This just shows you the problems it can/will cause. The only static IP in your entire LAN should be your main router. INSIDE your router you should use it’s DHCP server to assign all your LAN devices their IP addresses.

Problem solved.

[quote=“bucko, post:11, topic:192831”]There is no benefit setting Vera with a static IP. This just shows you the problems it can/will cause. The only static IP in your entire LAN should be your main router. INSIDE your router you should use it’s DHCP server to assign all your LAN devices their IP addresses.

Problem solved.[/quote]

I had a static IP configured and also had to reset my device after the update to the latest beta (blinking service/internet lights). This issue would be slightly less inconvenient if the update lost settings for net/wifi but was still reachable by an address assigned by DHCP – it wasn’t. The device showed up in the arp table and the wifi network had been reenabled - but couldn’t be pinged or accessed via HTTP.

There are plenty of reasons to assign a static IP - knowing the IP (that wouldn’t change) to access when the internet is down and can’t use home.getvera.com to connect to your controller, control access to internal resources (e.g. if you integrate with a device such as an alarm system that doesn’t require user authentication and need to restrict access to only the Vera IP) or if you have the device on a network where DHCP is not running (which doesn’t happen often at homes).

[quote=“TLRzuk, post:9, topic:192831”]With the new beta, the veraplus finally sees and tries to pair a bunch of my zigbee sensors, however… they show up on dashboard and under devices but they all just come up with the red banner " Waiting for wakeup to configure". No matter what i do with the sensors and settings it wont configure them.

Anyone had luck with this?[/quote]

interested in a workaround also…

Beta firmware is far from stable, its a real dissapointment after so long wait

i still get
Can’t Detect Device
and now also
Please wait! Getting the manufacturer…

Scenes not working correct, example HUE app not working in scenes .

Scenes not always working example, when turning on lights, they dont always all go on, or when turning them off some lights stay on.

Turns off randomly my fibaro wall plug

2 times my Aeontec siren whent of with diffrent tunes everytime, not so nice when you away and come home with siren going of and dont get notifications of it

getting these error in the Ui
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 30. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E58F0F62C01400.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 31. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E58F0F62C01400_MS.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 32. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E58F0F62C01400_MR.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 33. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid 6d3c8f8e-743b-4c33-b920-9c5cfdf9b840.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 36. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid 16b0af5d-92af-5db9-69a6-5d0992b99b22.xml

I understand its a beta but i would have expected more from vera, i am really dissapointed with my verplus at the moment, it feels like steps backward then forward.

[quote=“bucko, post:11, topic:192831”]There is no benefit setting Vera with a static IP. This just shows you the problems it can/will cause. The only static IP in your entire LAN should be your main router. INSIDE your router you should use it’s DHCP server to assign all your LAN devices their IP addresses.

Problem solved.[/quote]
I was merely trying to warn other users about potential problem after update. You just solved an off topic problem I didn’t really need help with, but thanks for contributing (I am not going to start a holy war here and tell you plenty of legit reasons to use static IPs).

[quote=“kornev”]I can confirm Vera loosing ‘static’ IP setting after update to newest ‘beta’ and enabling disabled wifi. Also while update lost static IP setting, it didn’t enable DHCP, so Vera was completely offline and inaccessible.

Basically if you have static IP configured while updating to 7.0.15 beta - you will loose access to your Vera and will have to reset and restore from backup to regain it.[/quote]
I was still able to access it via getvera.com and change the settings back without having to restore it.

[quote=“kornev”][quote=“bucko, post:11, topic:192831”]There is no benefit setting Vera with a static IP. This just shows you the problems it can/will cause. The only static IP in your entire LAN should be your main router. INSIDE your router you should use it’s DHCP server to assign all your LAN devices their IP addresses.

Problem solved.[/quote]
I was merely trying to warn other users about potential problem after update. You just solved an off topic problem I didn’t really need help with, but thanks for contributing (I am not going to start a holy war here and tell you plenty of legit reasons to use static IPs).[/quote]
I’m going to respond to the static IP comment. It’s not a holy war issue. There are many valid reasons to use static IPs. Unless you are hosting your own DNS, static IPs are required for accessing devices on your network. I have custom wifi sensors and controllers that require a static IP. The Vera needs a static IP if you want to use its API by other devices on your private network - HABridge for example. In general, DHCP should be used by devices on your network that do not need to be accessed by other devices on your network.

Unless you are hosting your own DNS, static IPs are required for accessing devices on your network.
This is not a correct statement .. and leads to lots of problems when devices are re-configured. See:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37674.msg286148.html#msg286148

I'm going to respond to the static IP comment. It's not a holy war issue. There are many valid reasons to use static IPs. Unless you are hosting your own DNS, static IPs are required for accessing devices on your network. I have custom wifi sensors and controllers that require a static IP. The Vera needs a static IP if you want to use its API by other devices on your private network - HABridge for example. In general, DHCP should be used by devices on your network that do not need to be accessed by other devices on your network.

I think this is quite wrong. Unless your DHCP server has stability issues or you have a DC, atm I can’t think of a single reason to ever use statically assigned addresses over reserved addresses.

I can’t even get the update to take. Keep getting “critical error” contact support. Looks like I’ll be a waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk