UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

You need to run @rafale77 scripts and you’ll get a more Stable and performant zwave network. Overall, there’s a lot under the hood.

1 Like

Question, aren’t those @rafale77 scripts only for extroot or should them be used in any case?

nope, I’m referring to those:

do not use the latest one (ReloadOnTimeJumps) 'cause it’s not intended to be really used on a production system (you’ll loose all time-based scenes).

Can someone simply explain to me if it is good to have nightly heal enabled (default setting) or set it to disabled or to be performed 1x week (as per Luup Requests - MiOS)

Thanks!

It depends a lot on your setup. There are “corner cases” where automating the heal could be helpful.
For example is if you have a small network (<20 nodes) with AC powered devices moving around your home regularly disrupting your mesh.

I see no good reason otherwise to have a nightly heal on a perfectly healthy and working network. The heal itself is a repair step which takes down portions of your network for various amount of time with the outcome of potentially breaking your network if you have FLIRs like locks and sirens run out of battery or with weak batteries. For general use, my opinion is that automating the heal is idiotic and dangerous. It is like going to a doctor for a heart surgery every day because you lost a hair a day. It is an operation which should only be run manually under very specific condition and controlled by the user.

Thanks, I have no devices moving from place to place, they are static. I have lots of battery operated devices and also lots of AC powered devices.

So it is better for me to disable the healing process using the URL address from Wiki.

If I am right, I still need to specify schedule of healing process in that URL address?

And if it is disabled, can I somehow run healing process manually? For exampel if I would move some devices from place to place? Thanks

I would disable it and yes you can still run it manually under the zwave menu. The heal is triggered when you click the “update neighbor nodes”.

The heal process is at the lower level is just the zwave chip of the vera sending an nnu (neighbor node update) command to all nodes from node 1 to 232 in that order and waiting for the nodes to respond. If a node does not respond (often due to conflicts caused be the formerly triggered wakeup nnu and wakeup polls or because of you sending a command from a scene), it will re-queue the command until it gets a response and that’s how for my system which has over 140 nodes, I ended up with a zwave network which was healing forever, starting a new nightly heal process before the previous one completed and eventually the whole system crashed. That’s why some members here are rebooting their unit every day and found it working better that way. Please refer to the thread I posted called “zwave network explained” I linked several times on this thread (and so did @therealdb a couple of posts above) for the detailed explanations.

2 Likes

They are lua scripts/lua codes which just add or change device variables or vera attributes. They are not the shell scripts I posted about extroot indeed.
Also good reminder from @therealdb on the time jump one. Unless you do not any time based scenes, do not run that one. People who use openLuup for example to their time bases scenes can run this.

In thread about the Beta release the new location for device icons was stated to be /www/cmh/skins/default/img/icons/ . But that location - at least on my VP - is read only. Is that still the planned location for device/plugin icons?

Since you are a developer you should have access to the developers corner section? There is a discussion there about the 7.30 icon path change. Can PM me if you can’t find it.

OK the actual location is /www/cmh/skins/default/icons/
And the suggested reference in JSON files is "…/…/…/icons/<your_icon_file>

Thanks, these are the ones I understood, BUT my question is: Re-reading @rafale77 post about them it seems that the effects they were intended for were already implemented in 7.30, so, no need for execute them.

So my question is, even having upgraded to 7.30 should we still execute them (except the last one (ReloadOnTimeJumps) to avoid loosing the time driven scenes? Or 7.30 already implemented what they are intended for?

regards.

I see, I didn’t realize this was causing confusion.

The lua codes only work with 7.30. They do not work with any other firmware.
They are not enabled by default so yes you need to execute them.

I think they only have an impact on 7.30 so the ability to change them is implemented in 7.30 but the default value is not what we want…

C

Understood, thanks for your such a fast answer…. I will do…

Javier

Thx, I’ve already tweaked those settings so I’ll see how it goes.

Thanks guy’s for the positive reviews, my finger hovered over the Upgrade button for a while, I closed my eyes and and hit Upgrade wondering why I do these things…
At the 20min mark it was still Updating.
At 25min. Power cycled Vera

Now I have a borked Edge…

Why do I do these things I hope CS is awake.

You tell me. Got the itch huh?

If you had a USB-SATA dongle and an old SSD laying around, I had offered a safe upgrade here after extrooting for both the edge and the plus. At least doing it that way would have been reversible…

2 Likes

I will never believe ANYTHING Vera tells me again.
I’m downloaded HA the other day and am ready to transfer everything to Homeseer later today.
All the Integrations I need are available between the two system, this is probably the push I needed to leave Vera.
I give CS 4 hours to reply before I pull the trigger but I feel this is all in vain now and this might be my swansong.

edit:
So much for the supposed 24/7 Support, not even an acknowledgement for my ticket.

1 Like

I’ve got about 40 devices on my VeraEdge and am having serious issues with the latest upgrade. Any parts of scenes I have that run on a time delay aren’t getting executed (e.g. I have a bedtime scene that starts making changes to the house at 7 PM and continues turning things off until 11 PM and only the 7 PM things now execute). Also, it completely whacked the Remotec ZXT-120 devices - when I send a signal to them, they get the signal like 30 times (and beep 30 times) as if the function to acknowledge signal received got broken.
I should have left well enough alone and stayed on the old firmware that was working fine for me - just got annoyed it kept redirecting me in the Vera UI to upgrade.