UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

I bought my Edge to test the upcoming new Linux-based firmware but installed 7.30 as a test. No issues, but it only has one Z-Wave device, ALTUI and System Monitor installed.

Yes, that’s my dilemma as well, 1 Relay and PLEG.
Suely there must be Edge users out there with 20+ devices that have upgraded?

Yes they are, tens of thousands actually :slight_smile: but people tend to share their experiences only when they are negative. :sweat_smile:

Can’t blame them. I find myself doing the same thing, when my car runs smoothly I don’t go out on the brand’s community forum and say how happy I am with my cool & weird car with almost 150k miles on board which has been lugging things the manufacturer never thought it would be possible, but when a light pops up in-dash you bet I’ll make a post about it - and a damn angry one.

2 Likes

If I would have a postive experience I would certainly share it here! Have done that multiple times in the past.

1 Like

Sorry Sorin, I’m sceptical, I’ve been bitten by Vera upgrades before and this one has no going back which makes it such a difficult decision.

1 Like

Updated two Edge, each with 15+ devices. And one Plus, which I’m now moving from one of Edge.
While everything works. I’m afraid to breathe))

But what about the pulled Plus upgrade?
Any information when it will be fixed and released again?

Keeping #fingerscrossed to get out of QA this week.

4 Likes

Sounds good :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have upgraded my main Vera Edge with the Beta 7.30 and the GA 7.30 when it came out. It is running like a charm. Performance is better and stability is better than ever on UI7.

I did disable the nightly heal Luup Requests - MiOS
and set the DisableWakeupARR_NNU flag on the battery operated devices.

for k, v in pairs(luup.devices) do
  local var= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "WakeupInterval",k)
   if var ~= nil  and v.device_num_parent== 1 and var ~= 0 then 
     luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "DisableWakeupARR_NNU", "1", k)
   end
end

Only issue I had was when re-including zwave.me plus switches. I had to put in a new battery and keep them within one meter of the Vera to include properly.

So, that’s for the positive review on 7.30 release.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

@Sorin will it be released to the Beta community again?

C

I upgraded my Edge and have close to 100 devices in my network. My network have already been tuned so it has minimal noise in it and have only 2 plugins in my setup. My Edge have been pretty stable for a good while. The upgrade went well and I have not really noticed a big difference.

I have had the odd battery device reporting “can’t detect device” even if the device operates fine from time to time. I had one of these prior to upgrading and after the upgrade the message was gone. I’ve not seen any of these after the upgrade and my network has been solid since the upgrade.

As a good practice, it would be nice to have Canary, Beta, RC and stable releases.

Same here. Stability was better with the alpha (so, 7.29 + updated luup engine as @rafale77 already reported), but overall my zwave network is going better than plain 7.29. You should really apply the aforementioned scripts in order to disable all the automatic things.

I’m looking forward to a 7.31 that corrects the remaining things, because the first builds of the 7.30 alpha were impressive and I’m sure @edward will sort things out for us.

I’ve added a lot of new devices over the last week or so. The issues I’ve had caused by less than perfect batteries are quite remarkable. Devices that seemed to be fine (even with battery voltages tested on a meter) would just not include properly or wouldn’t work properly when included.
New battery: on first time.

C

Hi everyone,

I’m reading the topics since the last update was lanched, and, just to be sure, is it ok to push the firmware on my vera secure or not ? I’m little confused ?

Is someone have already install it correctly on a VS ?

Vera secure and vera plus: wait
Vera edge: Seems ok.

1 Like

Right, I’ll continue to follow the thread !

As I already reported (in don’t remember which other thread), I already upgraded to 7.30 three Vera Edge (mine and my two daughters) without problems. Only several devices (Neo Coolcam sensors mainly) remained “waiting for configuration change”, simply “waking them up”, everything came again OK.

Regards

I upgraded my Edge with no problems. Took a little longer than usual, about 10 minutes with a couple of reboots. Feels a little faster but not as big a change as when upgrading to 7.29. Only issue I’ve found so far is that the City selector in the Unit Settings - Weather Settings section appears to be broken for UK - England. Selecting other regions in the UK works fine but select “England” and the City menu is blank. About 70 devices, real, virtual and Philips Hue.