UI7 - luup code for triggers, gone?

In UI6, we used to be able to save & run specific luup code for each trigger. However, UI7 doesn’t allow this anymore. Are there any easy workarounds? I can obviously create multiple scenes, but that seems repetitive.

I think, this is useful in a scene with multiple triggers, if you wanted to run custom code for each trigger. In my case, I have a “All Doors” scene that sends me an customized alert (also announces on Sonos optionally), with multiple triggers corresponding to individual doors & sensors. In UI6, I used to set up my customzied alert message in the trigger-luup code (eg: Front door opened, or Back door opened etc).

I am sure there are other use-cases, in which you might want to do custom stuff corresponding the specific trigger that actually fired (out of many triggers) in a scene.

We have been told that future releases of UI7 will add support for all the features currently in UI5. There has been no announcement of the timescale.

Meanwhile, I don’t see any alternative to creating multiple scenes.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:2, topic:183072”]We have been told that future releases of UI7 will add support for all the features currently in UI5. There has been no announcement of the timescale.

Meanwhile, I don’t see any alternative to creating multiple scenes.[/quote]

All–

Without triggers is UI7 really a step forward? We can say that they’re going to be available for a future release of UI7 but we know how MCV slow-rolls software releases!!! :frowning:

Don
Without triggers is UI7 really a step forward?

There are a number of features missing in the current UI7 release (1.7.318) that should be reinstated in future releases.

Unless there is some feature of UI7 that is essential to your system, AND you don’t use the serial port, AND you only use plugins that have already been modified to work on 1.7.318, I would not recommend switching to UI7 at the moment.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:4, topic:183072”]

Without triggers is UI7 really a step forward?

There are a number of features missing in the current UI7 release (1.7.318) that should be reinstated in future releases.

Unless there is some feature of UI7 that is essential to your system, AND you don’t use the serial port, AND you only use plugins that have already been modified to work on 1.7.318, I would not recommend switching to UI7 at the moment.[/quote]

Hi Rex

I was there from the transition from UI3 to UI4, and UI4 to UI5, and now to UI7. I understand your message from personal experience far too well.

Thanks

Don

I was adding push notifications for devices at the device level in UI6. Whatever I had set up still worked in UI7, but could not be modified, and no new ones could not be added. I am assuming that they just hadn’t got around to programming the interface for it. We will see soon as I understand the actual release will be coming within a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk