UI7 local login (login without internet)

I upgraded my Vera3 UI5 to UI7. All seems to be working fine, except I cannot login to the unit if it there is no internet connection.

Anybody has an idea how to logon locally?

OK, I suppose that if this person is correct,

You will NEED internet access.
it is not possible for the moment?

Are you unable to login, or are you completely unable to reach Vera via web interface, SSH or even ping?

If the latter; did you previously configure “Secure my Vera”? There is NO local access if you do so. All local network traffic is blocked. At that point the only two options are:

a. Wait until you have internet access and then login and disable “Secure my Vera”.

b. Reset Vera to defaults with the reset button.

I’m unable to login.

I can access the local webUI, view the dashboard, etc.
But to get into the accounts section, view activity logs, energy section etc. I have to be logged in, but it doesn’t work (out of the box) without internet connection (it tries to go to the getvera.com site).

Lucky the ‘Secure my vera’ is disabled.

Is there a way (url call with auth cookie, API, …) to get authenticated against the local device?

[quote=“ConnorMC, post:4, topic:191358”]I’m unable to login.

I can access the local webUI, view the dashboard, etc.
But to get into the accounts section, view activity logs, energy section etc. I have to be logged in, but it doesn’t work (out of the box) without internet connection (it tries to go to the getvera.com site).

Lucky the ‘Secure my vera’ is disabled.

Is there a way (url call with auth cookie, API, …) to get authenticated against the local device?[/quote]There is no local device authentication. Accounts and their subcategories exist only on Vera Ltd. servers not the local Vera device.

The local log can be viewed live at
http://vera_ip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

You can also access the log file via SSH. Note that this will only be today’s log. For historical logging, you’ll need to log to a USB flash drive and disable “Archive logs to server”.

Thank you for your answer, I’m glad to learn here about that.

I thought managing the vera through the UI was restricted by not being logged in. Mainly because I couldn’t open ‘Users & Account info’ - ‘Alerts’.

But with your answers and other forum posts it seems like the entire Vera is manageable without being logged in. There is not much of an ‘administrator layer’ in the UI, right?

If I understand correctly the only way to secure the device is to completely lock it down by ‘secure Vera’ and use it through the Vera Control website, or to implement a network layer access control setup.

Thanks again for the info.

[quote=“ConnorMC, post:6, topic:191358”]There is not much of an ‘administrator layer’ in the UI, right?[/quote]It’s not that there isn’t much of an administrator layer; there is none at all. By default Vera has no authentication or access control. Furthermore, this can;t be changed as it is part of the Vera and UPnP architecture.

If I understand correctly the only way to secure the device is to completely lock it down by 'secure Vera' and use it through the Vera Control website, or to implement a network layer access control setup.
That is correct.

There are cloud only Vera features that are lost without internet access. These include remote access, time service, remote logging and notification, automatic backups, and probably some more that I can’t recall at the moment. But, even though some features/functionality is lost, Vera remains locally manageable and Vera’s automation remains fully functional. Most of the lost services can be reproduced locally. Although that would seem to be beyond the capability of the flurry of very recent Vera users.

If Vera shutdown their servers tomorrow, it would be an inconvenience for me, but my Vera would continue managing my home automatically.