UI6 Support Info

Every once in a while someone will ask when UI6 support will be added. I thought i’d just clear that up here and give some info on that. Currently UI6 is beta and really is a stepping stone to UI7 that will be coming in a few months based on info on this forum. With that said people have been advised not to use UI6 because there are compatibility issues with some plugins, plus pretty much all the 3rd party vera clients won’t work with the new MMS authentication system. The documentation for UI6 is very limited and when i query the dev team at vera i usually have a week or more wait. The problem is i never get all my questions answered, so it ends up taking 2 or 3 times as long. With all that said once i can get working code for new auth system i can fully support UI6 for local and remote access.

So with all that said does it mean UI6 won’t work on Grasshopper? No. Local mode works exactly the same but my program can’t automatically set that up so here are the steps to get it running in local mode only

1. Open the app
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Go to the Create tab
  4. Click Add Unit
  5. Enter your info. Description: put whatever you want here but this is just the name of your system, Serial Number: enter your vera #, User Name: enter whatever for now since it won’t utilize this for now
  6. Click Add
  7. Click Back
  8. Go to Current tab. Should see your unit listed
  9. Click Add Host.
  10. Enter your IP address. Ex. 192.168.0.101. Make sure Primary Host and Local Host are set the On.
  11. Click Add
  12. Click Back. You should now see the host selector has selected the new host value you entered and the icon in the unit selector is green. This means it was able to connect.
  13. Click Back and you should be able to use your vera on your local network only.

Until i get complete information on the new authentication system, i will not be able to support UI6 for remote access. As i get more info i post it in this forum. Thanks.

Finally got some code working that can fully authenticate my logon as well as retrieve all the device info and setup authenticated sessions for each device… and man was it painful. Other devs are going to have loads of fun implementing the new MMS services. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Let me know if you are looking to test it as I have the App on my Windows mobile and the current version worked well with UI5 but now I am UI6.

Many thanks,

Mike

Will do. I’ll most certainly push out a beta before this goes live. Just send an email to amginecreations@gmail.com with your win phone email and i’ll add you to the beta list. You can use UI6 as mentioned above, but only for local mode. :slight_smile:

Something to water your mouth… :slight_smile:

Finally got some info back from the vera folks. Looks like i can move forward again… maybe i’ll have a beta up this weekend. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to it sir

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk