UI6 Compatibility Status

I just wanted to update that I am making progress on getting AutHomation updated for UI6 compatibility with the new MMS system. This is requiring a good amount of work and some head banging on how to go about implementing it. I have the app authenticating against the new system and it appears to be working well. I still need to add more error checking and create a setup screen to help ease users on configuring their vera units. One issue I am running into is the “Auto Configuration” option. The new MMS system is different as well and will only work if on the local network. There is no way to use this outside of the network. So this is another hurdle I need to figure out. Hopefully I can get something out in alpha testing to those who are on UI6 and are willing to test soon.

• Garrett

If u need alpa/beta tester add my to the list, haw ust Linux 1995 and dd-wrt at least 6 years now so I known how to move around and find logs

// Sorry about my spelling I’m dyslexic and so you know all translations is translate by Google translate so don’t complain about my English spelling \

Great news! Thanks for you work.

I am holding of on UI6 until you are ready.

I believe I have most of the code in place for the new MMS service. More testing will need to be done to verify that I am catching the different error messages and handling them correctly. But so far it seems to be working well with the MMS service.

Two areas that will need work and not sure how I want to go about handling them.

1. Auto Configuration - The current implementation will not work with UI6 or newer. The api is different and the data output is also different. Also the new api for the MMS service will not work outside of the network. In other words I can not feed the api data like the user name to retrieve the Vera info. In order to use the new locator service from MMS, it will need to be on the local network. The other issue with this is how do I go about knowing which service to use when the user clicks on this option. Do I prompt the user to select the firmware version they have and then use the correct service? This one has me scratching my head on how to implement.

2. When adding a new Vera, I have introduced a new option (checkbox) called MMS. This will need to be checked if you are using UI6 or newer for the MMS service. I need to figure out how to go about letting the user know about this. I was thinking of creating a Add Vera walk through type setup, but this will require some time to implement. I will having it guide through the configuration of the Vera unit. This may be the best option and I can incorporate having the Auto Configure work based on the answers given from the setup if they choose to try and auto configure the settings.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I will probably release an early build upon request for testing of the MMS service. It will not have the above suggestions implemented yet and will require some manual configuration to get working. For anyone running UI6 and would like to test it out, please post here and let me know.

• Garrett

I think the manual setup option is fine and makes sense. The autoconfig is really nice, but the people that are using vera are definitely capable of going through a manual setup option. I like your idea of using the manual setup process to gather enough info to continue on with a auto process.

I will be happy to test, but have not made the leap to ui6. Two things I am waiting for:

1. You (I extensively use authomation) as I haven’t implemented a ton of automation yet.

2. I read some things that some of the pleg programs disappeared etc. I might hold off a bit more until some more of the bugs/particulars get worked out.

I’m on UI6 and ready to test AutHomation’s modifications :slight_smile:

It may be a few days before I’ll provide a download for a few of you to try. I need to tweak a few more things.

• Garrett

Just wanted to provide an update. I was hoping to push out a test release this week, but ran into an issue. I found that getting the rest of the app specifically the camera portion of the app would not work nicely with the new MMS implementation I put into place. I now have to redo part of the MMS implementation so it will work nicely across the app. It’s an unforseen road block, but it’s probably better I caught it now and not later. Sorry for the delays. I’m also away for the next few days avoiding the nasty snow storm on the east coast.

• Garrett

I’m hoping to have something available for testing in the next day. Work still needs to be done, but most of the MMS integration is working. Need to work out any bugs and want to work on the auto configure option.

• Garrett

Ok, here is a link to an early apk build with UI6 / MMS support.

AutHomationHD 3.3.0.0

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Feature: Support for UI6 / MMS Authentication (still need to add Auto Configuration Option).
Feature: Ability to send log data via email. Located in Settings → Development Settings → Send Log Data
Fixed: various bug fixes.

For remoate access. If you already have your Vera with UI6 added into the app, you’ll need to go into Manage Veras → Edit Vera:
Enter username
Enter password
Select MMS

To add a new Vera with UI6. Go to Manage Veras → Add Vera. Follow the on screen tutorial.

• Garrett

Just installed and remote access seems to be working well for me.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Installed it and works fine with remote access but keeps crashing if local access is selected - I’ve sent you a crash report. Also the scene and device widgets I had on home screen weren’t working anymore after the install saying “App is not installed”. Works after creating new ones tho.

Nexus 5, 4.4.2

Thanks for reporting the bugs. I experienced the same issue as well when on the local network and was related a syntax error. I made a fix and have uploaded it for download.

AutHomationHD 3.3.0.1

As for the shortcuts not working anymore, this looks like it is due to the version number change. I have no control over this and it appears to be an issue on the Android OS end. I went from 3.2.X.X to 3.3.X.X. I did this due to the change for UI6 integration.

• Garrett

I can confirm that Authomation HD version 3.3.0.1 works on my Nexus 5 (kitkat) with my Vera3 UI6, both locally and remotely.
/Mike

Remote access working on Nexus 4 kitkat, from Thailand to Australia very quick still lmao!

Thanks for quick fix can show family my nerdiness from afar

[quote=“garrettwp, post:13, topic:179303”]Thanks for reporting the bugs. I experienced the same issue as well when on the local network and was related a syntax error. I made a fix and have uploaded it for download.

AutHomationHD 3.3.0.1

As for the shortcuts not working anymore, this looks like it is due to the version number change. I have no control over this and it appears to be an issue on the Android OS end. I went from 3.2.X.X to 3.3.X.X. I did this due to the change for UI6 integration.

• Garrett[/quote]

I have a VeraLite with IU6
I installed AutHomationHD 3.3.0.1 on my Nexus 4. When I attempt to login remotely via the celluar data network I get an error. After I hit “Refresh”, I get the message: HTTP Code: 404

Auto Connection Switching - check box on
MMS - check box off
Connection type: Remote

I am also using my Username and PW that I use when I log onto home.getvera.com

-Ben

Hi Benvolio,
I had the same issue, try uninstalling the old version, clean cache and install again. It worked for me on Nexus 5 kitkat 4.42
/Mike

Please use the latest alpha build 3.3.0.4. Also you must check MMS if you are on UI6!

• Garrett

@Garrettwp
You might want to invert the logic for MMS and call it UI5

I am not sure people know what MMS is … thats kind of an implementation detail.
And even then there are people that do not know what UI5 and UI6 is!

Good point, I’ll make that change for the next update. I did explain it in the connection walk through. I still need to implement the auto discovery for UI6.

• Garrett