UI/Usability - Renaming devices

Hello,

I was just curious about, if the only way to give a device a name through “Advanced” (using UI5 / Vera3)?

I would’ve thought that giving a device a name is a rather basic function, which leads me to believe that I am missing something rather obvious.

Also, is there a way to sort entries on the dashboard? They appear to be sorted alphabetically.

Thanks

[quote=“gerd94706, post:1, topic:170914”]Hello,

I was just curious about, if the only way to give a device a name through “Advanced” (using UI5 / Vera3)?

I would’ve thought that giving a device a name is a rather basic function, which leads me to believe that I am missing something rather obvious.

Also, is there a way to sort entries on the dashboard? They appear to be sorted alphabetically.

Thanks[/quote]

To change the name simply click on the wrench icon and edit the text (on top of the dialog) on the device. You do not need to go into the advanced tab. Don’t think you can sort on the dashboard (assuming you are talking within the rooms grouping.)

Duh! My apologies.

It never occurred to me to hit the (blue) title-bar of the device-entry AFTER hitting the wrench-icon
(which changes the label into a text-input field).

Now after you described it, it all seems so obvious.

Thanks,

Gerd

[quote=“gerd94706, post:3, topic:170914”]Duh! My apologies.

It never occurred to me to hit the (blue) title-bar of the device-entry AFTER hitting the wrench-icon
(which changes the label into a text-input field).

Now after you described it, it all seems so obvious.

Thanks,

Gerd[/quote]

Yea, I will they would make that more obvious (i.e. re-frame it when in that mode). It would LOW on my list of things to fix though :wink: