Two versions of the same screen

I spent many hours working with this (wonderful) program this weekend and made significant headway into my end goal, but I ran into something that I think might be a small hiccup (for me).

I wrote a custom interface that I was running from a webserver and got it pretty close to exactly what I wanted, the only issue being I could never get the devices to report state on a loaded page. I basically recreated the webpages (as close as I could) within Homewave. The problem is my wife doesn’t want the cameras on the pages she looks at, and I do. I created two versions of each page, one with cameras and one without. A single camera icon in the corner toggles between the camera rich or camera less environments (IE if you are on a camera page you can navigate to another page and will still see cameras. If you are on a non camera page you won’t see any until you toggle it on). I could probably do it within homewave, but I would lose the pull out slider, which would always be to the same set of pages. Is there a way around this?

You can’t really have two versions of the same page, but you can come pretty close:

1. Create the entire interface with cameras, with each screen having its parent on the home screen (the pull out menu)
  2. Add a Control Screen button on each screen, and create the camera-less version of the screen under that button.
  3. On the camera-less version of the screen, add an Action button in the spot where the parent screen has the Control Screen button. Set up the Action button to open the parent screen
    The action button / control screen button then acts as the camera toggle.

One problem is that navigating left / right (by swiping or using the arrow buttons) will work correctly for the screens wth cameras but not for the versions without. You could get around that by creating all the control screen buttons for the camera-less screens on one single parent screen. In that case swiping left and right will work, and bring you to the previous / next screen without camera. You’d have to add action buttons to each screen with cameras to open the version without cameras.

The one unsolvable issue is that you always end up with cameras if you use the pull out menu to navigate.