Turning off ability to turn Vera Smart Switch on/off ?

This might sound crazy, that I want to take away some functionality (haha) but I do.

I have a Vera Smart Switch hooked up to my server rack at home. I want to remove the ability to turn the switch on and off from the iPhone “iVera” app. If I lose the ability all together that’s fine too. I just want it always to be on. I wanted to monitor the energy usage of my server rack (all my audio/video gear, as well as my home server and media hard drives) and the monitoring works perfectly. But if you accidentally click “off” then obviously the whole rack dies.

Any way to do this?

I don’t think so (in iVera). But you can consider making it a feature request over on the iVera board ([url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?board=11.0]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?board=11.0[/url]).

You could delete the D_BinaryLight1.xml from the device_file under the advanced tab for that device. Hit save.
If you want the functionality back, add that file back and hit save.

JOD.

What will this change? Will the device still be visible to Vera and Mios? Does this make the on/off button go away or just not work when triggered?

Thanks for the help!

What will this change? Will the device still be visible to Vera and Mios? Does this make the on/off button go away or just not work when triggered?
It will only change the ability to turn the device on or off. You will still see everything about the device but just get an error message when trying to turn that device on or off.

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:3, topic:167789”]You could delete the D_BinaryLight1.xml from the device_file under the advanced tab for that device. Hit save.
If you want the functionality back, add that file back and hit save.

JOD.[/quote]

I’m trying to do just as you describe but when I hit save and wait a while for the Vera to wake up again, D_BinaryLight1.xml is back! Had also tried to set “Automatically configure” to no, but it’s also going back to “Use default behavior”.

Am I doing something wrong here? (Using Vera2 and 1.1.1183)

I'm trying to do just as you describe but when I hit save and wait a while for the Vera to wake up again, D_BinaryLight1.xml is back! Had also tried to set "Automatically configure" to no, but it's also going back to "Use default behavior".

Am I doing something wrong here? (Using Vera2 and 1.1.1183)

If you deleted it and saved, it’s gone. It may only be showing due to it being cached in your browser, do a Ctrl F5 to clear the cache.

JOD.