Turn on all SIRENS

Been using VERA with PowerMax for a few years and this forum has always been the main source of my information, good job everyone.

Recently, I?ve added the RS100HC to detect when the fire alarm sensors are being triggered. The idea is now to enable all the alarms/sirens for specific emergencies (scenes). So far, I?ve been unsuccessful to activate the powermax 2x sirens through Vera. I?ve tried to turn them on manually through the GUI, still no luck. Have this Off (default) and On icons, everytime I click on this ?On?, got nothing. How can I kick off those sirens through Vera?

I?m running UI7; 1.7.690
PowerMax plugin: 1.2e

Hopefully, one of the member know what I could be missing?

There is no way to turn on a siren or an alarm via the Visonic interface. So it is just not possible.

okdookie, thanks for the quick answer. Wonder if I can leverage 'panic" instead. Will look at it over this weekend and will report if I discover anything.

Any news on this ?
Or is this also not possible, to have the alarm-panel go into some state where the eg. the internal piezzo-alarm would be triggered when controlling through the plugin…

Like jvanham states, is it possible to create a scene where the panel enters the armed state, and then programmatically trigger/fake sensor movement?
This would open up a wide range of options for people using CO or smoke detectors. Since smoke detectors can’t seem talk to each other >:(

Ofcourse there is a delay after a CO or smoke sensor triggers, since it’s not possible to arm without timer, but heck it’s better than nothing.
Great work on the plugin so far. Using my Powermax Express i now have the cheapest alarm option ever, with limitless possibilities ;D

[quote=“jvanhambelgium, post:4, topic:189097”]Any news on this ?
Or is this also not possible, to have the alarm-panel go into some state where the eg. the internal piezzo-alarm would be triggered when controlling through the plugin…[/quote]
Jvanham if this cannot be done using Visonic plugin i’m thinking 3 other options.

• buy zwave piezo siren
  • buy powermax co/smoke sensors
  • use Visonic door/window module, buy zwave on/off device that breaks the connection and thus triggers an alarm

But these are all ‘payed’ options, and ofcourse we would rather use the devices we allready have.