Turn fans off in middle of night when temp gets below 74

Got more then one room with a fan, each has a z-wave thermostat with temp in it. We like to go to sleep with the fan on but gets chilly by the time we wake up. Looking to turn off fan when temp gets below 74 from 11pm to 6:30am only if fan is on.

TempBelow74 and XRoomFan and (23:00:00; Now; 06:30:00)
Does this seem right?

I Tried this last night and woke up to a cold room and fan still on.
XRoomFan and TempBelow74 and (23:00:00; TempBelow74; 06:30:00)

What’s the best way to word this?

Thanks,

One way of doing it is set a trigger in PLEG for your temperature below 74, name that TempBelow74 (I presume that’s what you have done already)
then I would create a schedule in PLEG FanOff with a On time of 23:00 and Off time 6:30
If I remember right there is a problem with this (23:00:00; Now; 06:30:00) as it goes over midnight that’s why I would use a schedule

then create a condition

TurnoffFan TempBelow74 and FanOff

create an action for TurnoffFan which turns off your fan

That should work, but there are other ways to achieve the same

P.S. I think you posted this in the wrong section, I think that should be in the PLEG section of the forum

right

You can try :

DoSomething= TempBelow74 and XRoomFan AND NOT (06:30:00;NOW;23:00:00)

[quote=“mikee123, post:2, topic:180987”]One way of doing it is set a trigger in PLEG for your temperature below 74, name that TempBelow74 (I presume that’s what you have done already)
then I would create a schedule in PLEG FanOff with a On time of 23:00 and Off time 6:30
If I remember right there is a problem with this (23:00:00; Now; 06:30:00) as it goes over midnight that’s why I would use a schedule

then create a condition

TurnoffFan TempBelow74 and FanOff

create an action for TurnoffFan which turns off your fan

That should work, but there are other ways to achieve the same

P.S. I think you posted this in the wrong section, I think that should be in the PLEG section of the forum[/quote]

OOOppps I thought I was in the pleg section. LOL

Yea I’m already running PLEG but I’m not using schedule’s (haven’t played with them yet) and already have an action.

right

You can try :

DoSomething= TempBelow74 and XRoomFan AND NOT (06:30:00;NOW;23:00:00)[/quote]

Thanks I will try that. I was unaware of the midnight problem.