TTS from Vera ?

Hello,
I have configured the Java app on a Rpi2.
I have tested TTS on Chromecast devices and it is working well.

Now it would be great if I could call a TTS request from my Vera controller to Vera Concierge server. Do you know if it is possible to call such HTTP request from Vera ?

Thanks!

The Vera Alerts plugin will do TTS message to your Google Home and/or your Google Cast devices. It uses the voice from Google translations. it does require you to have a local Concierge Server.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Could you give some details on how setup this ?
I don’t know Vera Alerts. I have installed the plugin, added a profile for Vera-Concierge but I don’t know how to setup TTS.

Thanks again.

You can test this from the “Local Concierge Server” first … to make sure everything is setup properly.
From there you can see the Google Home and Google cast devices that are available, as well as the name you created for them.
Once that is setup … your Vera Alert profile for Vera Concierge should work.

From Vera Concierge all is running fine: I can launch TTS on my Google Home.

On my Vera Alerts device, that is what I did: on “Profiles” tab, I have added a “Vera-Concierge” profile with device name being the name of my Google Home.

Then I tried to run the following command (478 is the ID of my Vera Alerts device):
luup.call_action(“urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1”, “SendAlert”, {Message = “Message test”, Recipients = “Vera-Concierge”}, 478)

But nothing happens. Am I missed something ?

Thanks again !

Did you specify a Google Home or Google Cast name in the Profile ?

I have tested again today and it works.
No change, strange…
But now it is OK, great feature!

Thanks Richard.

Just trying this for the first time.

My Vera Alerts profile works if I only have one Google Home speaker entered in to the DeviceName field.

I can then use the Editor Option → Send Message Now in the Vera Alerts to test and it works.

However if I try to add a second Google Home speaker to the DeviceName field then my test no longer works.

I’ve tried entering the following in to the DeviceName field.

Lounge Speaker,Kitchen Speaker
Lounge Speaker, Kitchen Speaker
“Lounge Speaker,Kitchen Speaker”
{Lounge Speaker,Kitchen Speaker}
{Lounge Speaker},{Kitchen Speaker}
“Lounge Speaker”,“Kitchen Speaker”

@RichardTSchaefer

Also your website http://veraconcierge.com/ appears to be down currently.

Thanks

Just tried using All or “All” in the DeviceName field, it says the alert was sent but I don’t hear anything on any Google Home / Chromecast device.

It only seems to work if I specify one Google Home device name in the DeviceName field.

Thanks

A Google Home group seems to work however.

I entered “Downstairs” in to the DeviceName field without the quotes and my test message was now heard on two Google Home speaker devices, one in the lounge and one in the kitchen.

However it would be better if I could specify each device I want to get the TTS via a comma separated listed.

Thanks.

Richard

Also any update on the TTS not stopping the currently playing content / music etc.

I just started playing some music on the GH speaker in my kitchen and then I opened the patio door, the TTS announcement was heard on the GH speakers saying “Kitchen Door Opened”. This stops the music playback and doesn’t resume it etc.

Many thanks.

EDIT: Also anyway to stop the GH chiming before they say the TTS message? Its the connection chime I think.