Trying to understand the Energy part of UI7. Something doesn't look right...

I’ve attached a screenshot of the various screens.

• The Device Usage: Demand By Device never loads
  • The current usage rarely updates, none of the other data points load, including that drop down
  • Total energy consumption never loads
  • Same thing w/ the Parent/Child.

I tried logging in to it via Firefox on my phone and thought I saw something about 42 days left in a trial of some sort.

Does anyone have any insight?

Screenshot

How did you even get it to work? Mine has never worked since upgrading to UI7 and Vera doesn’t respond to any requests for tech support.

I can only get energy data by logging into my ERGY account directly.

Drew

[quote=“idrewgibson, post:3, topic:188900”]How did you even get it to work? Mine has never worked since upgrading to UI7 and Vera doesn’t respond to any requests for tech support.

Drew[/quote]

Hi Drew:

1. It doesn’t work. Only the one graph does.
  2. I can’t get Vera to respond either. I’ve tried calling, leaving a voice mail, emailing. Nothing. It’s nuts.

If I ever get anywhere with this, I will update this post. If you get any info, please do the same.

[quote=“johnes, post:4, topic:188900”][quote=“idrewgibson, post:3, topic:188900”]How did you even get it to work? Mine has never worked since upgrading to UI7 and Vera doesn’t respond to any requests for tech support.

Drew[/quote]

Hi Drew:

1. It doesn’t work. Only the one graph does.
  2. I can’t get Vera to respond either. I’ve tried calling, leaving a voice mail, emailing. Nothing. It’s nuts.

If I ever get anywhere with this, I will update this post. If you get any info, please do the same.[/quote]

Just an update that there’s still no word from MCV.

Not understanding why MCV is radio silent on this…what does it take to just answer a simple question or tell us that this feature is discontinued?

I had mine working for a while but as I found out, it kept on spewing errors and crashed my unit. Support had me remove the app and all seems to be well since. Not sure when and if this feature will be enabled. I am guessing that too many bugs are still there.

ERGY is not developed by Vera … it is just a PLUGIN that has never worked well that Vera integrated tightly because it looked good on the marketing brochure.
I guess the Vera user base for ERGY is to small for them to fix the problems. They did make some changes in UI7 … but sadly their QA is slightly behind Vera’s.

(i.e. its pretty bad!)

I found a URL that one can use in order to get energy data from devices on your Vera.

Now that you mention that all ERGY is is a plugin, it might not be that difficult to pull out the data and make it look nice. Maybe I’ll add that to a list of things to do on a rainy day.

Also, how difficult would it be for MCV to just state that in the forums (rather than tell people to call them to talk about this), and to remove it from a future firmware update.

“ERGY is not developed by Vera … it is just a PLUGIN that has never worked well that Vera integrated tightly because it looked good on the marketing brochure.”

LOL Yes It got me. Now I’m dealing with seeing what this things can really do.
I guess I have a box that will turn on/off lights and that is ok but I would have done something else.
They have answered my emails and tried to help some. I was told to get datamine but can get the usb drive to work and no graph.
I really wanted something to give me KWH reads and wanted to try it on my solar panels.
After all of this time I could have programmed pic chips with picbasic pro and had it working better, much…
I just wanted something out of the box to save my time.
I have the veraedge u17.
Any one like the usb hubs to work the zwave stuff?

WTF In what city is located Tower Bridge: I’m in the usa can’t they have something better than having to look BS up on the internet?
Give me a break…

[quote=“htsystems, post:11, topic:188900”]“ERGY is not developed by Vera … it is just a PLUGIN that has never worked well that Vera integrated tightly because it looked good on the marketing brochure.”

I guess I have a box that will turn on/off lights and that is ok but I would have done something else.
They have answered my emails and tried to help some. I was told to get datamine but can get the usb drive to work and no graph.
I really wanted something to give me KWH reads and wanted to try it on my solar panels.
After all of this time I could have programmed pic chips with picbasic pro and had it working better, much…
I just wanted something out of the box to save my time.
I have the veraedge u17.
Any one like the usb hubs to work the zwave stuff?

WTF In what city is located Tower Bridge: I’m in the usa can’t they have something better than having to look BS up on the internet?
Give me a break…[/quote]

Prior to the questions and security measures were put in place the forum was overrun by spam.

[quote=“htsystems”]“ERGY is not developed by Vera … it is just a PLUGIN that has never worked well that Vera integrated tightly because it looked good on the marketing brochure.”

They have answered my emails and tried to help some. I was told to get datamine but can get the usb drive to work and no graph.[/quote]

I’m pretty much in the same situation - at first sight the ERGY seemed to work, although it is pretty slow. However, I found that the data is inconsistent and cannot be trusted.

I was looking around for an alternative and found this thread. Did you have any luck with datamine and storing data to USB stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk