Triggering a Scene by setting Mode

I see there is a way (via LUUP) to change Mode when running a Scene, but is there a way to trigger a scene when I set a mode?

I have a scene we use nightly called “Go to the Back” that turns all lights off (except Kitchen and Bedroom decorative) immediately, then the Kitchen light off after 5 minutes and the bedroom decorative lights after an hour. I like the simplicity of setting the mode to Night, and would like to just run that same scene when that Mode is entered.

Thoughts?

I believe you can achieve this by using the HouseModes plugin from the App Store.

Modes can also be used as triggers in the Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) plugin. See PLEG Basics.

If you are going to delay 1 hour to turn off a Light … I would use PLEG instead of a Vera Scene.

If you use a Vera Scene … and Vera restarts during that hour … your action will not run … With PLEG your action will still run correctly.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:2, topic:187176”]I believe you can achieve this by using the HouseModes plugin from the App Store.

Modes can also be used as triggers in the Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) plugin. See PLEG Basics.[/quote]

Spot on, sir. Spot on.

The new UI takes a bit of getting used to, but I think for handing something to my wife, I can make a LOT of things simpler for her by using Modes.

Thanks!