Trigger scene when alarm disarmed with user code

[size=2]Hi,
I have a DSC 1616 connected with my VeraPlus through an EVL3.
I am able to create scenes based on the status of partition1 without problems.
I also use the eyezon for monitoring and management of the EVL3: EyezOn - Login.
Every time I, or other members of my family disarm the alarm with a user code on the alarm panel I get an email that says: [/size]
[size=2]Security Event: Opening By User Code 2
or User Code1 and so on[/size][size=2]How can I create a scene that uses the fact that user 2 disarmed? Something like: TTS say in Sonos Speakers: “Welcome home Amanda”[/size]
[size=2]I do not have a problem creating a scenes that uses TTS and Sonos, it is the fact that USER2 specifically disarmed.[/size]
[size=2]My first tought was that I have IFTTT that can read GMAIL and identifies that particular email, however, I want to avoid IFTTT when it comes to security and also I wouldn’t know how.[/size]
[size=2]Maybe there is another trigger/identifier that I can use.[/size]
[size=2]Any thoughts?[/size]
[size=2]/Mike[/size]

As far as I know Vera only sees the DSC system as armed or disarmed. It does not know who disarms the alarm, so setting scenes based on that information directly is not possible. You can probably get around this like you suggested using a third and fourth party cloud data, but as you, I would be wary of this. Too many links in the chain.

I prefer to let the alarm arm and disarm itself automatically so do I do not have to think about it or have unsightly keypads near the entry points. Then I use Z-Wave electric locks on the entry doors to enter and maintain PIN’s for everyone. I can then easily create and run scenes based off of these peoples PIN’s.
There are many advantages to doing this.
I get many options in these locks to base scenes and or notifications on. Like when a bad pin was entered to someone entering a pin directly on the lock. I think there are 14 now on the Kwikset models.
Using door locks gives me more precise knowledge of where people are entering the home so creating a “Welcome Home” greeting can be done in a certain area of the home instead of all over it. This is useful if someone needs quiet in one room and does not want to be disturbed.

The only down side to basing the welcome home TTS’s off of the electric locks is that most people enter their home through the garage and the garage / home door so determining who and when to time it would be difficult especially for bigger families.
I think the advantages of electric locks vs alarm codes and 3rd and 4rth party options is worth the price of the electric locks.

Thank you for your reply ! I kinda’ knew the answer already, I already dismissed IFTTT from the beginning and I almost knew that Vera is only aware of the armed/disarmed status. But it is always nice to get a second opinion. I have a Yale Doorman WiFi lock on the front door which is impossible to control since they don’t allow access.
Thank you once again for quick reply.
/Mike

Actually, you can trigger off of who disarmed the alarm. You just have to use the “A PIN Code is entered” trigger, rather than the “Armed state” trigger. So, for example, on mine I have a scene that has a trigger of “A PIN Code is entered” with a user value of “0040” (yes, you need all four digits) that unlocks the front door (this is in response to my wife’s key fob). That way, when my wife is being dropped off by a friend, she can simply press the button on her key fob, and the system will disarm and the front door unlock. However, if I am coming home and pulling into the garage, I can disarm the system without bothering to unlock the door.

There is, of course, one potential issue with this approach: if you use the pin code to arm the system, not just disarm. In this case you could either set up a different PIN for arming than you use for disarming, or use something like PLEG to trigger the scene only if both “A PIN Code is entered” and Armed state=disarmed.