Trane Thermostat

Just installed Trane Thermostat and I have to say this makes Vera so much more cool, especially when including SQ Remote in the mix.

Highly recommended addition to your Z-wave network, works just like it should.

I’ve had mine for a few months now and haven’t had any problems whatsoever.
Good unit and plays well with vera.

If you set any scenes with it, selecting energy saver works with your current esm settings.
I guess that may not have always been the case…

BTW forgot to mention, check out eBay for decent deals on the Trane Thermostat, I bought 2 for under $100 apiece.

I can count on 1 finger the number of times that I have used the front panel of mine (had to touch it to do the include). My wife has NEVER touched it. We do all of our temperature modifications through our laptops or cell phones. If I had to choose to have only one z-wave product, this would be the one (until I can find something to open and close my garage door).

I’m going to check eBay out. I could really use another thermostat for the first floor unit.

I have two of these and they’re great. I enabled the Local 7x4 schedule, since it’s disabled by default, and just do “overrides” in Vera/SQRemote.

Very handy to turn on the air as you’re heading home after the office.

I also got mine from eBay, probably bidding against @Chimpware :wink:
You’ll want to watch for a while, but they popup in bundles. I got mine for ~85-90 shipped, which is a bargain for how well they work. Normal eBay buying techniques apply…

[quote=“mario23, post:2, topic:166197”]I’ve had mine for a few months now and haven’t had any problems whatsoever.

If you set any scenes with it, selecting energy saver works with your current esm settings.
I guess that may not have always been the case…[/quote]

What exactly does energy saver do. I mean how does it save energy?

[quote=“guessed, post:5, topic:166197”]I have two of these and they’re great. I enabled the Local 7x4 schedule, since it’s disabled by default, and just do “overrides” in Vera/SQRemote.

You’ll want to watch for a while, but they popup in bundles. I got mine for ~85-90 shipped, which is a bargain for how well they work. Normal eBay buying techniques apply…[/quote]

I ha e the local 7/4 setup too. I havent really seen what i can do with vera besides manual overrides from the device button. What type of things do you do?

[quote=“Bboy486, post:6, topic:166197”][quote=“mario23, post:2, topic:166197”]I’ve had mine for a few months now and haven’t had any problems whatsoever.

I guess that may not have always been the case…[/quote]

What exactly does energy saver do. I mean how does it save energy?[/quote]
Energy saver is just sets the heat set point low and the cool set point high. You can configure these “special” set points to be what you want locally on the device. It’s nothing magical, you could do the same thing with a scene that changes the set points.

[quote=“Bboy486, post:7, topic:166197”][quote=“guessed, post:5, topic:166197”]I have two of these and they’re great. I enabled the Local 7x4 schedule, since it’s disabled by default, and just do “overrides” in Vera/SQRemote.

You’ll want to watch for a while, but they popup in bundles. I got mine for ~85-90 shipped, which is a bargain for how well they work. Normal eBay buying techniques apply…[/quote]

I ha e the local 7/4 setup too. I havent really seen what i can do with vera besides manual overrides from the device button. What type of things do you do?[/quote]

I have Vera change the set points through out the day. I find it easier to configure a schedule with Vera than use the local scheduling, so I disabled the local scheduling feature. I plan to add a zwave temperature sensor for my second floor and then have Vera adjust the set point based on the temperature upstairs.

How are you having vera set this? I looked at the events and dont see an option to set multiple temp point at different time intervals…

You should be able to have the set to : when temp is at xx then turn on cooling to xx.
I think that is what is done.

I have scenes in Vera that set the set points, then I set timers for those scenes in vera. I have turned off the trane’s internal scheduling.