Trane Thermostat and App Feedback

Firstly, let me say, as a long time user of Homewave, I was very excited to find your app. Although homewave is great for customizing screens and layouts, its rather cumbersome for newcomers. Although I am an advanced Mios/Vera user, I really like the Keep it Simple Stupid method. I just want the app to work, and not fuss with configuration. Your app is perfect for that. Great job. I purchased the premium to help do my part to further development.

I have the Trane Z-Wave thermostat. Like all apps I’ve tried, I can change the mode from Heat, Cool, Off and Auto. I cant seem to access the ‘EHeat’ mode, which here lately in Tennessee I’ve needed. Is this a limitation of Trane? I’ve read that they do allow EHeat mode in ZWave, then I’ve also read they do not. I figure you would have insight as a developer… Any clue as to when (if) We can access EHeat mode?

Thanks again for a great app.

Not all trane thermostats support this feature over zwave. For example my trane thermostat which is an older model does not.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:179916”]Not all trane thermostats support this feature over zwave. For example my trane thermostat which is an older model does not.

• Garrett[/quote]

Maybe that’s the issue. Maybe there’s two models? The early one that doesnt, and a newer one that does. That sucks. Lets hope we just dont see such harsh winters in TN, that would solve my issue and keep me from having to buy a newer Tstat :slight_smile:

Well thanks, that’s the idea of VeraMate to keep things simple to start.

As for the thermostat, looks like Garrett has answered it, but, can you see the option in the Web interface? And if you can then I don’t think VeraMate would show it unless I get some more details (as I don’t have access to this particular thermostat).

Vera will show the buttons, but it will not work for all trane thermostats. I know my trane does not like the cycle option for the fan when activated in Vera. I actually have to pass a low level z-wave command to get it to work. So that appears to be a bug in Vera.

• Garrett

I have just updated Vera lite with new firmware and my train thermostat control stopped working. It shows temperature in degC not F and is missing cold temp setting button. It’s mios6 now. Is this a bug on Vera? Anyone else has this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“garrettwp, post:5, topic:179916”]Vera will show the buttons, but it will not work for all trane thermostats. I know my trane does not like the cycle option for the fan when activated in Vera. I actually have to pass a low level z-wave command to get it to work. So that appears to be a bug in Vera.

• Garrett[/quote]

Mine will not cycle either. Maybe it is an older thermostat… Can you tell me what the low level command is? I might be able to figure out how to send it… :wink:

[quote=“garrettwp, post:5, topic:179916”]Vera will show the buttons, but it will not work for all trane thermostats. I know my trane does not like the cycle option for the fan when activated in Vera. I actually have to pass a low level z-wave command to get it to work. So that appears to be a bug in Vera.

• Garrett[/quote]

Garrett, can you post the low level z-wave command?

Garrett hasn’t been active on the forum in awhile. Your also commenting on a post 1.5 years old.

Hi, I saw this post and wondered if anyone could help me with my Trane XL 624 with my Vera Edge. Firstly I’d like to know when first adding it as a device how is this best done. I tried this in the generic z wave category at the bottom but when this paired it seemed to partly work. I have an outdoor temp sensor and this never worked correctly.

@iandickson, you will probably have more luck asking in the HVAC forum…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,26.0.html