Trane T-Stat under $100 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002BA5VVU/ref=dp_olp_new_map?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I have bought in the past from Trader-Parrot with great success. Haven’t seen the Trane/Schlage in stock since RadioShack sold out. I can highly recommend this one for anyone wanting to add Remote Temperature Control through Vera. I have 6 of them working in my home with no problems.

I am putting new HVAC system in my restaurant with seven (7) 5-ton heat pumps and looking to implement Vera. While researching thermostats, it seems people are happy with the Trane. I was going to buy from EBay since they were least expensive, as you described. However, when looking at the model #, the Amazon offers are for Model TZEMT043AB32MAA instead of TZEMT400AB32MAA (which most z-wave stores sell). Note the Model #043 vs #400

I also saw this note in SmartHomeUSA.com site:
“Part # Note: This item ships as TZEMT400AB32MAA, and is Z-wave capable. (While the part number TZEMT043AB32MAA is often used to reference this same thermostat, TZEMT043AB32MAA is actually the part number for the NON Zwave version. The version we sell here is in-fact TZEMT400 and is Z-wave capable. We do not offer the TZEMT043)”

This killed my plan to purchase from Amazon. Can you verify which specific model you have used successfully? I would like to buy the low cost one but am concerned that it doesn’t have Zwave and may not work with Vera.

[quote=“Al, post:2, topic:167763”]However, when looking at the model #, the Amazon offers are for Model TZEMT043AB32MAA instead of TZEMT400AB32MAA (which most z-wave stores sell). Note the Model #043 vs #400
[…]Can you verify which specific model you have used successfully? I would like to buy the low cost one but am concerned that it doesn’t have Zwave and may not work with Vera.[/quote]
I have the 400.

It strikes me more as an internal model# change. Amazon clearly sells it as a remote management Schlage LiNK thermostat. That basically implies Z-Wave, if you ask me. Lowe’s even mentions Z-Wave in the specs for the #043. (Note also that the Trane thermostat is based off of the RCS TZ43.)

You could order it from Amazon (as in: sold by Amazon, only a few bucks more), and then send it back as ‘product is not as advertised’, should it not work. Or give Schlage/Trane/Ingersoll Rand a call. And report the outcome here on the forum.

If anyone is looking for Trane T-stats, I have 5 brand new, in the box units available for sale. Yes, they are the proper Z-wave model. If interested, send me a PM, and we can talk.

I have 3 of them installed in my house, and I consider them to be top notch.

You can get them on Amazon today from Amazon for less than $75 with free shipping ( or $70 incl shipping on Amazon from a marketplace seller)…

According to my order history on amazon (I can check the physical unit later if need be) I bought and am using the TZEMT043AB32MAA (043) model at home which is marked down to $66 here ([url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BA5VVU]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BA5VVU[/url]). It supports Vera and z-wave integration just fine.

That’s the same one that is going for $74 with free shipping (and even 1 or 2 day shipping if you are an Amazon Prime member) and sold by Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BA5VVU

ever since the radio shack put these on clearance, prices have been dropping like crazy the past couple of months… check out the amazon price history.

I bought one yesterday, I jut found out that these don’t go lower than 55 degree setpoint, can anyone confirm???

If so, this sucks. I need a setpoint of 40 degrees…

Looks like I’ll be returning this and looking for an alternative…

Memory serve, there is a way to adjust the minimum setpoints. I don’t recall off the top of my head how to do it though. You are correct, the default setting is a 55 degree minimum.

Yes, 55. You can work around it by tweaking the calibration; up to 7 degrees. There is a thread here discussing that.

BTW, which one did you end up with, the 400 (TZEMT400AB32MAA) or the 034 (TZEMT043AB32MAA); i.e. what does the thermostat actually say it is?

Thanks, I didnt get it yet, but in talking with Z-Mistro he told me that they had that limit…

I’ll check out the setpoint thread, thanks for the tip!

I ordered one from Amazon (the one sold by Amazon for $74) yesterday and it’s due to arrive today… Will let you know what mine is…

It just arrived - it’s the Schlage Link TZEMT400AB32MAA…

But the part number listed on Amazon was the TZEMT043AB32MAA, right?

I just received mine from Amazon too. It was ordered as the TZEMT043AB32MAA and it actually is the TZEMT400AB32MAA.

But the part number listed on Amazon was the TZEMT043AB32MAA, right?[/quote]

That’s correct and it’s up to $98.94 today on Amazon… Interestingly, if you search on the TZEMT043AB32MAA part number, every website shows the Z-Wave/Schlage Link version

One thing I noticed on the model I received is there is no connection for external Temp. Sensors. Not a huge deal for me but something to note

The Schlage/Trane thermostat doesn’t claim to have support for external temperature sensors thoguh. The RCS TZ43 that it is derived from, does have support for (hard-wired) temperature sensors.