touch screens/ controllers

I am looking to have some sort of wall mounted touch screen to control my vera devices.

What sort of solution options are people using out there?

I imagine a cheap android tablet would be possible…but getting power would be an issue…

Any ideas or options ?

I’ve also been thinking about doing the same thing. Looking forward to hearing what others are doing. I agree, seems to be a lot of cheap tablets available. Pictures of any flush wall mounts would be great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I use an old ipad and the Square Connect software and puck. Works great. Controls lights, thermostat, tv, locks, and music. It is very stable.

Is it wall mounted with a power source? Currently I am using my android phone, but I like the idea of
A wall mounted touch screen to be accessed by others, but not sure the best way to provide power without visible cords. Any images or other solutions out there?

I use the old hp touchpad for the upper level and the nook hd for the lower level. Both mounted flush in the wall . Here is a couple of pictures

@bigmonkey70, very nice. I couple of questions-

What mount/bezel are you using? I’d imagine they are tension mounted into a wall frame and can be lifted out to service the tablet?

How are you powering the units?

Thanks,

-TC

@TC1

I made the mount/bezel myself to fit the tablets… The frame is screwed to the studs. The tablet just slide right in tight and stay in place. Since the volume/power button is on the side of the HP touchpad, I had to make the bezel detachable in case I have to reboot, etc… It holds in place with magnets. I attached a couple pics of the guts…

Normally, I just have to press the home button on the front of the tablet to wake it up. I ran power from the electrical panel to the other side of the wall (that happen to be inside a closet) and mount an outlet there. Power cord from the tablet run inside the wall and come out the other side and plug to the outlet.

That’s some great handy-work there. I can’t tell from the pic, what kind of material are the bezels made from?

The bezel made out of MDF

iPort with homewave app.

[quote=“bigmonkey70, post:7, topic:179136”]@TC1

I made the mount/bezel myself to fit the tablets… The frame is screwed to the studs. The tablet just slide right in tight and stay in place. Since the volume/power button is on the side of the HP touchpad, I had to make the bezel detachable in case I have to reboot, etc… It holds in place with magnets. I attached a couple pics of the guts…

Normally, I just have to press the home button on the front of the tablet to wake it up. I ran power from the electrical panel to the other side of the wall (that happen to be inside a closet) and mount an outlet there. Power cord from the tablet run inside the wall and come out the other side and plug to the outlet.
.[/quote]

Very nice. That is exactly the type of solution I am looking for. Its a shame that no one makes a product like this.

i use http://vidabox.com frames and PoE adapters with iPads. Happy so far.

I have an HP Touchpad and touchstone charger reserved for this. Just need to find a carpenter that can make me a wall mount that integrates the touchstone charger into it. One that allows me to take the tablet out f I want to. Not to worried about the cabling as I want to mount it behind my seating for easy access. .