TKB Home TZ66D (dual) virtual switch

does anyone know how i do get a virtual switch working with a TZ66D TKB Home Double switch ?

the first switch works fine (besides that vera keep complaining about the bad z-wave … but thats probably just the made-in-china factor) :wink:

anyway … the second button was planned (and described to control scenes or accotiated devices) … but how do i do that if no virtual switch avaiable ?

any experiences someone may like to share ?

The second paddle can control another z-wave device through group association.
See this thread for instructions http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6254.msg44239.html#msg44239 and troubleshooting

thanks your manual is great, worked in under 2 minutes,
trouble is i dont really want to control a device (i was plan to run a scene)

the right paddle was planned to enable the “sleep Mode, to shut down things in the house dim some lights and so on”
i was expecting a virtual switch so i could also control the LED on the paddle via the vera …

looks like thats way to far fetched now.

i have done a workarround now with a Aeon Labs Inline Switch (lucky i just got one from vesternet :slight_smile: )
the inline Switch now triggers the scene instead.

its working great but if using the paddle to trigger it, Vera does not know the status has changed.
it show in realtime the power drop to 0watts, but the status of it stays on ON for almost 10 minutes.

another downside is if someone use the Button on the Switch it would trigger the scene as well …
not very smart :frowning:
perfect would be “some way” to associate a Virtual switch to the paddle and take it from there, but somehow virtual switches do not show up.

also the paddles staus LED does not change if the accotiated device does change (or do i need to assign it directly for that ?)

[quote=“nullx8, post:4, topic:175715”]i have done a workarround now with a Aeon Labs Inline Switch (lucky i just got one from vesternet :slight_smile: )
the inline Switch now triggers the scene instead.

its working great but if using the paddle to trigger it, Vera does not know the status has changed.
it show in realtime the power drop to 0watts, but the status of it stays on ON for almost 10 minutes.

another downside is if someone use the Button on the Switch it would trigger the scene as well …
not very smart :frowning:
perfect would be “some way” to associate a Virtual switch to the paddle and take it from there, but somehow virtual switches do not show up.

also the paddles staus LED does not change if the accotiated device does change (or do i need to assign it directly for that ?)[/quote]

The Aeon micro switches can support instant notifications if you set parameter 80 to 1, IIRC. Search the forum for it.

yeah thats all just half-right … abusing a device … disable me the control the device
the scene i trigger shuts down the whole house … its not very smart to do in the first place …

a virtual switch would be much better

i think the problem comes from the switches itself.
i changed the scenario.

i associated one paddle to another switch of the same brand … (the physical switch can of course handle the scenes)
but now i have a new problem that the Switch does not seem to report the change of state if it has been executed remotely.

i asked support from tkb, but they swear it works just fine, well the switch does work indeed, it just not report the status.

to illustrate i associated i made a small video … showing the status does not change (not even on the associated switch)

does anyone know how i make the paddles report immediately or do a retry if they not get ACK ?
some undocumented Parameter ?

there is actually mentioned something between the lines about a setting like this in the manual, but it is not explained more down in the manual.

Is there a way to run a scene from group 3?

I?m running the Vera Lite and was able to control the main light with the left paddle, added group 2 and used the right paddle to control a dimmable floor lamp

I wanted to use group 3 to power on\off a wall switch that controls the TV\Playstation, when I walk into the room I can double click the right paddle and it will turn on

I added the Virtual ON/OFF Switches App and was going to set that up using triggers but when I go into group 3 to set the device I don?t see the virtual switch tho I do see ?Unassigned devices, ZWave, _Scene Controller? with being new to the Veta box I?ve no idea how to use these settings

Also I thought if I selected ZWave and then entered the device ID that would work, but no :frowning:

maybe I should read the book again :-[

nah everything allright on your side.
just one thing, you can NOT assign anything non-zwave

a virtual switch or anything else connected to the vera wont work, you can only assign other z-wave devices in the same network
and the devices must support it (but pretty much everything does this days)

nah everything allright on your side.
just one thing, you can NOT assign anything non-zwave

a virtual switch or anything else connected to the vera wont work, you can only assign other z-wave devices in the same network
and the devices must support it (but pretty much everything does this days)[/quote]

Cheers for the reply

Is there a way to control a scene from group 3?

When I add it I see the Z Wave devices and can control them but no real option for controlling a scene

Tho I do see “_Scene Controller” how does this work?

I did add the tag number for a scene I created but no joy

no scenes … only physical existing devices!

the _Scene controller is a internal device

thats a shame, would have been a nice touch if you could control scenes