Time to say goodbye

I started with a Vera lite, moved to a Vera 3 and finally made the move to Vera Plus on UI7. Vera 3 on UI5 was not particularly stable, and very slow. Commands could take up to 30 or 40 seconds to be executed. That all got a little better with Vera Plus. But thats where all the problems started. Remote access was offline most of the time, it just said controller offline. When it did work, the browser kept crashing, or when it didnt I had a error message lua is taking longer to reload, please try again. Not great. Randon devices appearing on my device list was strange but not the most serious problem. Vera support suggested deleting them. I did but they came back. Vera support told me its a real device I have to exclude it. Hard to do with something you have not included and have no idea of what it is. Add that to all the other ‘usual’ problems with Vera.
So I thought I’ll give Homeseer a try. What a difference. Yes its more expensive, but worth every penny. Reliable, rock solid, and so easy to program logic. It beats PLEG (and I loved PLEG, I have 4 reasonably big PLEG) by a country mile. After a week with HS3 running on a dedicated fanless low power PC, I am returning my Vera Plus. The Homeseer forum is good too, a lot of familiar names, a lot of people who had made the move too, and everybody says the same, there is just no comparison.
Thanks to all the people who helped me, especially RTS, without his PLEG and Vera Alerts Vera would be dead in the water. Richard, with your abilities, you could make some serious money writing plugins for Homeseer. And you’d have a better system too… Might see you on the HS forum to at some point, wouldnt surprise me

Goodbye all

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Don’t forget to take your towel. :slight_smile:

Can everyone in the world quote from Hitchhikers Guide?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Now you are just showing off :wink:

Enough lollygagging. Time to get back to designing fjords! Don’t make me explore my Vogon poetry skills.

Welcome to the Dark Side. ;D

There sure is alot of familiar faces there. See you there.

The first ten million years were the worst, and the second ten million years, they were the worst too.

This thread is giving me a pain in all the diodes down my left side.