This plugin is officially BROKEN

Now that’s funny…!

Late entry but i can vouch for the LAN function of the VeraAlerts plug-in. I’ve had it announcing when my door sensors are tripped like “back door open” just like the expensive alarm panels. Been working flawless (with a nightly android reboot) for the last 2-3 months. It is a challenge to setup tho, had to ask more that a few questions here before i finally got it going. WAF is high! ;D

Working with a nightly Android reboot is not working flawlessly, but thanks for your input (not that it makes any difference to me at this point TBH).
Just to be clear though, you are using Android 6.0.1? Stock ROM? A Vera with UI7? … and you are using the LAN profile and NOT messages over the cloud?
Thanks.

Galaxy note 10.1 (wall mounted); Stock Android 4.1.2; VeraPlus UI7; LAN profile for sure.

Worked on my Samsung S7E with lan profile. Did not work on my Nexus7 using stock 6.0.1. It is very possible there is either something new in stock 6.0 (firewall?) that is not in the Samsung version. It could also be something else I may have done on my Nexus7.

Well, I guess I was right then. If it worked with 4.1.2, but not a more-or-less up-to-date version of Android, then something is obviously not working. Until we hear from someone claiming that it works with a current version of Android, the theory stands. Plus, it’s not even working correctly with an outdated version since you said that you need to reboot every day.

What version of Android are you running on your Samsung S7E?

What version of Android are you running on your Samsung S7E?[/quote]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I tend to ignore subjects with inflammatory subjects as this …

But my Samsung S7 Edge with android 6.0.1 runs just fine with LAN mode … and yes I know how to use and test LAN mode!

[quote=“Quixote, post:23, topic:194208”]Working with a nightly Android reboot is not working flawlessly, but thanks for your input (not that it makes any difference to me at this point TBH).
Just to be clear though, you are using Android 6.0.1? Stock ROM? A Vera with UI7? … and you are using the LAN profile and NOT messages over the cloud?
Thanks.[/quote]

I don’t think he said that it requires a nightly reboot to make it work. Just that he does a nightly reboot. Try not to create a conclusion from information that is not there. A clarification regarding the reboots would help, but from a troubleshooting perspective it is a data point and may not be relevant unless he says specifically that it only works after a reboot. If it is indeed the case, it still does not point directly to Vera Alerts and can just as likely a change in Android 6.

By the way… turn off battery optimizations for the Vera Alerts app in Android Settings. Reboot tablet . Start Vera Alerts. Fixed it for me on my Nexus 6, Nexus7 Nexus9 devices all running stock Android6 . At least for the last hour.

As expected, the problem is not in Vera Alerts but seems like how Android manages the app to save power. The google cloud notification engine uses a different mechanism and works even when optimized.

Not that this was a problem I had since I was not using this feature and frankly don’t plan to test it further if it stops working. I already spent an hour of my spare time on this as others have. Try to be a less inflammatory in the future if you want people to actually want to help.

Inflammatory: arousing or intended to arouse angry or violent feelings.

Sorry to say, but anyone who was overwhelmed with violent feelings because of my post pointing out that the plugin does not work as intended with all versions of Android needs therapy and a “time-out” from the computer.

Battery optimization and “doze” seem to be major problems with many apps.