They're prepping to ship the new SQBlaster Plus model...

For those not on Twitter and/or FBook:
https://twitter.com/#!/SquareConnect

Shipping Forecast... We have been working hard to get the new blasters out of the door, and want to thank everyone that has told us that they want one (or two..). It looks like we will be boxing and shipping early next week. If you are on our pre-order list you will be receiving an email shortly telling you how to actually place an order.

@Guessed… You are right we have been busy busy busy and FINALLY all the pieces are in for the Blaster Pro, our Electronic assembly house here in San Jose, CA have finished building and testing the first batch and our final assembly and packaging contractor received the boxes and everything yesterday and I believe they are working overtime today to get the first cartons ready to ship to Amazon Fulfilment next week.

Anyone who had pre-ordered will get their units shipped direct from us. As soon as we receive confirmation that the stock has arrived in Amazon’s warehouses, we will update the web system so you can order direct.

For European orders, we are sending a batch to our european distributors next week and will update as stock starts to flow through.

Mat

Thinking about ordering one but looking for justification. Other than on/off features, what all would I use it for? Guessed what are you looking to do with it? I see other platforms like homeseer have it so nicely integrated but here on Vera I don’t know what to expect…

The newer SQBlaster Plus models have extra channels (1+4). This is handy for folks that have centralized AV Closets, with IR distribution out to various rooms (with, say, the same model of TV, Receiver,etc) since each can be channel can be controlled independently.

If you already have a SQBlaster, and don’t need multi-channel support, then it probably won’t mean much to you but there are a number of people that have been waiting for this to be released for a while now.

In Vera, IR devices can be attached to any one of these Channels.

I’m using SQRemote with a Gen1 SQBlaster (aka “Puck”), but use Vera to do more scene-control for things like switching stuff on and off “together” upon specified events. The Gen 1 SQBlaster only has a single channel, but I’ve reworked the SQBlaster plugin to support the extra channels of SQBlaster Plus.

So… With 4 IR channels. The SQ blaster can be in the basement wiring closet and use an existing pair or run a line to a Room per channel.

So basically it can be 4 blasters and control 4 rooms… From one SQ Pro ?

Different TV models in all rooms etc… But is my understanding clear and or correct?

Hope so… Cause that’s pretty cool!

@jimpapa,
Yes, that’s correct. It’s 4 plug in IR lines PLUS the Built-in LEDs in the unit itself, for a total of 5 individually addressable channels… although the ones in the basement might not help in your case… unless you have a TV down there. 8)

An IR repeater would work though… And keep it clean…

Love it… Is the new SQ pro plugin working with vera3 and ui5

Thought I read an issue. If not, next purchase as soon as they hit Amazon

For those who have been confused by the availability of SQBlaster Plus - we sent a small stocking order to Amazon Fulfillment - and it is somewhere in their system…

So we have set up a temporary direct ship operation squareconnect.com via Paypal until we find out what went wrong with the Amazon system.

Mat