Testing Say command , repeating same say command fails

I need to do some reading and testing of this plug-in on a Vera Plus. I tried using Google TTS and then switched to Microsoft TTS, because under Google the first time I tried a Say command, it would work. If I retried the same command,to demo the capability, nothing would happen. I switched to Microsoft TTS because I saw a number of issues using the Google TTS. Under Microsoft, I have the same issue. I’m not sure how to trouble shoot this issue. Once I understand how to get TTS to work, I’ll start creating a number of TTS scenes.

How quickly do you perform the 2nd Say command and does it have the same sentence as the 1st one?

I’ve noticed if I repeat say commands to quickly when testing eg voices or volume, that only the 1st one comes back. If I give it more time and change the sentence between tests, it works.

You could always install MaryTTS locally. Voice quality is not as good but since it’s local it should respond quicker. Depending on what you run it on…

I have the same issue too.

Can you see the generated sayxx.mp3 still loaded in the queue to play on the Sonos?
Once a TTS is played it should fallback to the previous state (track or radio etc) , but it doesn’t always.

I did some testing today and tried to send a few TTS messages in reasonably quick succession (20 seconds apart) and noticed the often the first TTS mp3 was still loaded on Sonos even though it has finished. It had not returned to the previous state - which meant no other TTS was being played.

Once I click on a music track to play from the previous playlist, that would play ok, but would then be interrupted by the next TTS, which I’d send now minutes earlier. And the same thing occurred again - it got stuck.

No idea why some generated TTS mp3s okay and allow the player to reset while others stay locked and loaded in the queue.