temp sensor reading

I’m looking for a way to see actual temperature, I have a CT32 and was looking into a sensor.
Not sure if this is possible, any help would be appreciated

[quote=“gman, post:1, topic:183661”]I’m looking for a way to see actual temperature, I have a CT32 and was looking into a sensor.
Not sure if this is possible, any help would be appreciated[/quote]

Most if not all thermostates report current temp. What app are you using? What version UI? Can you post a screen shot? I’m sure the CT32 unless your on maybe ui7.

trying to find in settings, configure will only work in off. no app installed and using UI 15
having trouble with the screen shot

Went back to installation instructions and found that an important step was missed, hit reset for initial setup.
Everything works good, thanks for letting me know the thermostat should report back.
this last reply is to help others.

Thank you

[quote=“gman, post:4, topic:183661”]Went back to installation instructions and found that an important step was missed, hit reset for initial setup.
Everything works good, thanks for letting me know the thermostat should report back.
this last reply is to help others.

Thank you[/quote]

Thanks for the update.

Same boat(Vera edge & CT32) as far as temp reporting, it used to work, but at some point has stopped reporting. I was having false low battery and device disconnect messages with the thermostat when it all went wrong. I’ve paired/un paired/deleted, reset the thermostat, nothing works. Please report your findings from Vera support if they give you any.

Same bug with CT32… no temp reading and disconnected

I have a Vera Lite and it used to work fine with the CT32 for the last 18 months, now I don’t see the correct temperature anymore. The scenes still control the CT32 correctly.

Same Issue with Vera Edge and CT32…Control of the thermostat is fine…just wont report back the Room Temperature. I Contacted Vera Support and continue to wait for a reply. Has anyone found a solution??

You might want to try a multi-sensor (Temp., Ambient Light, IR motion). They tend to be pricey, but I’ve noticed that the sensor seems dead-on accurate while our themostats (not controlled by the system as they are IR controlled mini-splits) are off by as much as 4 degrees.

I waited for one more firmware update. Still doesn’t work. Persistent device not detected messages and no feedback of actual temperature. I’m going to buy a different thermorstat. Now do I stay with Z-wave or move onto a Wifi thermostat? Unless we can easily roll back firmware?

Might be cheaper or better to switch out Vera. ;D

Might be cheaper or better to switch out Vera. ;D[/quote]

Do you mean try a different Vera because it might be buggy/broken or are you just being facetious?

This thermostat is the only issue I’ve had with the vera. I’m going to try to pair it with my second vera to see if the problem moves with the ct32.

My thermostat has been disconnecting from time to time, about every 2 weeks. When it disconnected last night, I pulled the z-wave module, plugged it back in, and all was fine. I heard the modules get loose from time to time but I do not see how.