Tell us which integrations you want us to make for the EZLO PLATFORM please

Well, Zwave standard allows dynamic integration via feature called “interview process”. Ezlo implements that. As long as the provider has complied with the zwave standard then it will work dynamically. So any zwave should work today, in theory.

But sometimes people misread/misinterpret the protocol and certain bugs are introduced. That’s when we have to go in manually identify and fix it. But today Ezlo works with more zwave devices than competitors.

1 Like

hello @melih
Of course, but what about the OTA updates?

OTA for the device or for the controller?

1 Like

For device
Fibaro, Aeon, Qubino, etc…

1 Like

Yeah you can only update the device firmware on Fibaro devices for example if you have a Fibaro controller hub I believe. Not sure if you can do it with some other 3rd party hubs?

yes I know that with a fibaro hub we can update the fibaro devices, I will put the question differently: will the Ezlo hubs be able to update the Fibaro, Qubino, Aeon and other devices?

I hope so, don’t think Ezlo have announced that however.

in time and as long as manufacturers are cooperating.

1 Like

Integration to the European smart power supplier Tibber.
(They call Integrations for Power Ups) Their API tool for creating this can be found here: http://developer.tibber.com

Since there is an integration for two of your biggest competitors in Europe (Smarthings and Homey) aswell as a swedish controller namned Telldus and Tibber is a popular power supplier amongst home automators in nothern Europe I think it would be tactical for Ezlo to have that possibiliity aswell…

1 Like

I find most “basic” devices worked well with the Vera, so I hope they will work well with the new hardware and firmware. The devices I have personally had trouble with on the Vera are door locks which almost never finished configuring and the Kiddie (I think that was the brand) combination smoke and CO detectors. They just never finished configuring either and would eventually start sending smoke sensing even though the device itself was not going off. Still a bit of a jarring thing to receive via popup message on your phone when you’re not at home. Also, though this is not the place for it I think, a very well documented remote control protocol regardless of what it is is absolutely vital to the success of your new platform. The reason I have recommended the Vera to so many people and worked so hard to support it in our own HA software is because it had a documented protocol for polling and controlling. I don’t care what it is, web socket, html, REST mqtt whatever, thats all fine as long as it’s documented and works the way you documented it (which was rather a problem with the older Vera firmware)

1 Like

Just thought of two more things:
Xiaomi Mi Flora
All PLEJD products (Swedish brand of smart bluetooth dimmers and switches). I know it will be difficult because the PLEJD system is a closed system but as someone has managed to create an unofficial way into the system for Homey and for Home Assistant I believe it should be possible…

Hello @melih what is the time line for MQTT, Virtual Devices and simple one line http get commands, because this things can help integrating third party devices and systems sooner than to wait ezlo to make integration of every system in this list. We can use third party software’s like Home Assistant to connect vera and ezlo via http or mqtt, but we need one of them and also ability to make virtual devices. At the moment my Ezlo is an island in my home and can’t do some serious testing without making my smart home in a dumb one :slight_smile: and use one app for heating one app for lights in one room another for another room and etc…

3 Likes

@eonnet
MQTT implementation with full access from LUA in our roadmap.
It is planned for the next sprints with delivery in second part of September.

Simple one line http commands - planned for next sprint. We will add possibility to enable/disable of authentification in our HTTP API. In this case it will be possible to disable auth and remove all security by your own choice and have the same simple one line commands how it works now on Vera hubs. If you need more security, it will be possible to enable it through api request.

5 Likes

:+1: :clap:

Personally, I prefer better security provided it isn’t inconvenient. Without a token, it would be wise for users to be able to restrict requests to certain local netmasks.

With security enabled, it would be useful to be able to set token expiration durations and to revoke an authentication token via the portal or API or better yet, both. In other words, provide more standard controls for the authentication tokens.

1 Like

Fibaro RGBW controller 1 & 2 - FGRGBW-441 & FGRGBW-442 respectively.

I paired an FGRGBW-441 as a generic z-wave device on the latest ezlo RTOS firmware. The device is a 4-channel (MOSFET) device with power metering. There seems to be an extra(?) child device?

{
  "method": "hub.devices.list",
  "result": {
    "devices": [
      {
        "_id": "ZE8F5D86",
        "deviceTypeId": "271_2304_8192",
        "parentDeviceId": "Z2598D039",
        "category": "power_meter",
        "subcategory": "",
        "gatewayId": "zwave",
        "name": "Power Level Sensor",
        "type": "sensor",
        "batteryPowered": false,
        "reachable": true,
        "persistent": false,
        "serviceNotification": false,
        "roomId": "",
        "security": "no",
        "ready": true,
        "status": "idle"
      },
      {
        "_id": "Z2598D039",
        "parentDeviceId": "",
        "category": "dimmable_light",
        "subcategory": "dimmable_colored",
        "name": "Fibaro RGBW Controller",
        "type": "light.bulb",
      },
      {
        "_id": "Z90DB804C",
        "name": "Fibaro RGBW Controller 1",
      },
      {
        "_id": "Z3BB5DDD6",
        "name": "Fibaro RGBW Controller 2",
      },
      {
        "_id": "Z39EA101",
        "name": "Fibaro RGBW Controller 3",
      },
      {
        "_id": "Z4B0C5AB7",
        "name": "Fibaro RGBW Controller 4",
      },
      {
        "_id": "Z35AFEF5",
        "name": "Fibaro RGBW Controller 5",
      }
    ]
  },
  "error": null,
  "id": "4x8fawjeod6",
  "sender": {
    "conn_id": "<redacted>",
    "type": "ui"
  }
}

I have the zooz rgbw controller (which is manufactured by fibaro) on my homeseer and it has 5 devices too. I believe it is a master plus red, green, blue, white.

If master is off, the rest turn off. I believe is master is on, the others resume their prior state. I have had it installed for a whopping 28 hours so I am still experimenting.

Hi @ezlo @melih @MCakan
Try to integrate the devices that we ask of you on this forum, please raise them to the top of the stack of your integration list.

Fibaro smart implant and other fibaro, aeotec doorbell6 , qubino, etc…

Best regards

2 Likes

Hi @Pitt13, Yes we are still following this post and trying to prioritize items from all requests. As you know we are aiming to integrate everything with our platform :slight_smile:
Btw I can also say for now that 8 of top 15 devices to integrate are Fibaro ones.

I think Fibaro as a whole should be a top priority rather than particular individual devices of theirs.

Same for Aeotec, Everspring and Qubino those are the main four Z-Wave devices for the EU markets, along with these other manufacturers here.

Also Harmony hubs the 3rd party plugin needs to be ported over to Ezlo platform…

I’d also like to see support for Hikvision IP cameras integration into Ezlo hub for virtual motion sensors. There was an old Vera plugin that after some tweaks I was able to get working.

And when can we expect support for Philips Hue Bridge and Hue lights? In Vera we currently have the Philips Hue 2 plugin and the AltHue plugin.

AltHue is better and supports more Philips Hue and other Zigbee devices like the bulbs from IKEA.

I tried to add one Zigbee device so far directly to the Ezlo Plus a Xiaomi Aqara temp / humidity sensor but it did not work or detect the device.

1 Like

I totally agree. However we are forced to look into this device per device because sometimes it is very fast to integrate a particular device and sometimes we find lots of issues we need to solve, report, etc particularly just for that device. That also effects the order/priority of that particular device.