Tasker/Authomation/Altsteon

Should these three together work? I have tasker that is initiating and android.intent.action call to authomation. I have all my devices properly functioning and with the built-in insteon it was working properly. Since switching over to Altsteon and then modifying my device id to the newly one created. Authomation no longer seems to function when trying to toggle the insteon devices via android.intent.action they work if going into the app and selecting them and turning them on. If I wrap the device into a scene and call the scene it functions without a hitch. Is there something simple I need to change or am missing in order to be able to call Altsteon devices directly without wrapping them in a scene?

Appreciate the help.

Can you answer a few questions for me in order for me to help.

1. What version of AutHomation are you running?
  2. What Insteon devices are you trying to control?
  3. How are you entering the intent?
  • Garrett

ver 3.1.3.0

applianclinc 2456s3e

android.intent.action.view
authomation://device/veraid/devid/toggle have also tried on/off.

Get an empty response some of the times and other times I get an OK yet the device still does not turn on. If I go into the App itself I can click on the device and toggle it without issue, same with web interface.

What altsteon files are you using for the appliance linc?

• Garrett

Sorry to pick back up on this thread so late. I am using the latest development release. I have not been able to get this functioning properly. It seems to work fine with all my other zwave devices, just not the insteon stuff.

I think I fixed this in an unreleased build for private testing. I will be releasing an alpha version of the next release soon. It should be able to use the altsteon devices like switches and dimmable lights in tasker.

• Garrett

Awesome.

Anyway I can beta test it out for you and give you some feedback?