Taking a poll

Reading through some of the posting I get the impression that UI2 and UI3 are causing more headache for us the users and MCV than it maybe worth. I upgraded to UI3 a week after it was released and with the exception of one annoying glitch it seemed like it was working. I had to re-boot Vera on daily basis to get the WiFi to work. Then I add a Global Cache GC-100-06 to my setup. It never re-booted properly after that. So I downgraded to UI2 and of course rebuilt everything. That worked for one day and then it lost everything again but then it became so unstable that everytime I click on save it would freeze. So I reset the box and now it is in a very strange state. My WiFi works but I can’t log onto Vera locally or thru findvera.com. Trying to reset it has also been unsuccessful since. So I have a couple of questions, have you upgraded to UI2 or UI3 and is it running reliably? Do you use Global Cache GC-100, more specifically are you using the RS232 port?

Thanks,

I’m on UI3 and its working pretty good. No GC100 for me as I use a USB-UIRT and a couple of separate USB/Serial ports and a WizNet networked serial port.

How is your Vera connected? Are you using Wifi in Client mode?

I have 2 vera2s, had to downgrade to UI2 as I had a ton of UI3 GUI problems on multiple systems. Been perfectly stable since switch to UI2. No GC-100 though. My problem was only with the UI, not the underlying code…

[quote=“strangely, post:2, topic:165944”]I’m on UI3 and its working pretty good. No GC100 for me as I use a USB-UIRT and a couple of separate USB/Serial ports and a WizNet networked serial port.

How is your Vera connected? Are you using Wifi in Client mode?[/quote]

I have a business class service with Time Warner with static IP so their modem/router is behind Vera. As I mentioned the WiFi works and Ii’m able to get out, so getting inside Vera is now the issue. And of course it lost its configuration twice before it went into its current state.