System will only arm to Stay

Good morning,
I just added my DSC PC1864 alarm panel via an Envisalink 4 to my Vera system. I got it working using J Miller’s Google Doc, but when I try and arm the system (with my PIN), it goes into delayed arm mode, and then arms it as Stay. I want to set it to Arm, AWAY. How do I do this?

By default you can’t arm as “full arm” without opening/closing a door!

Interesting… But I can arm it from Eyez-On to Away arm. Why won’t Vera let me do that, since I’m using the Envisalink as the interface?

Are you really sure of that ? Last time I checked with my “DSC installer” he told me that DSC need a open/close door to do a full arm…

Yup. I tried it after you said it wasn’t possible.

What DesT says is true if you arm it at the keypad but using Vera or the Eyez-On portal should override that depending on the option you choose to arm.

@ tamorgen; Please make sure you followed step 21-23 and make sure you “Change the word ?false? to ?disarm?”

There is also a setting in your DSC panel that may be the culprit.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,22879.15.html

Let us know what you find and how yours is set up so I can add a fix to the directions.

[quote=“Jamr, post:6, topic:199328”]What DesT says is true if you arm it at the keypad but using Vera or the Eyez-On portal should override that depending on the option you choose to arm.

@ tamorgen; Please make sure you followed step 21-23 and make sure you “Change the word ?false? to ?disarm?”[/quote]

Yes, I did those steps. EnableRemoteArm is set to disarm.

[quote=“Jamr, post:7, topic:199328”]There is also a setting in your DSC panel that may be the culprit.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,22879.15.html

Let us know what you find and how yours is set up so I can add a fix to the directions.[/quote]

This may be the culprit. I’ll take a look at that this evening and see what I can find.

I ran into this today.

As I wanted to keep the default settings for auto stay (instead of arm) if the panel doesn’t see you exit I worked around this by creating a Scene in Vera that arms the PC1832 panel via the Quick Arm setting. You can add this in the advanced scene settings. This doesn’t require a pincode.

Hope this helps anyone else running into this issue.