**System error :** Device: 146. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_*************

I’ve been working my way through the forum trying to find out why I continue to see these system error messages for Sonos Devices

**System error :**  Device: 146. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_7828CA98E52201400_MR.xml
**System error :**  Device: 149. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_B8E93758D52001400.xml
**System error :**  Device: 150. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E585B57C801400.xml
**System error :**  Device: 151. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E5832CCA201400.xml
**System error :**  Device: 194. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E588E442601400_MS.xml

Now I’ve had various Sonos plug-ins over the years, and from what what I can tell the feedback on the forum has been that these are due to upnp messages that Vera is seeing. …

However…

• Enable UPNP is disabled (not ticked) on the controller
  • The Sonos plugin is uninstalled
  • I have also removed all sonos files from the unit
  • The upnp event proxy has been uninstalled…

…yet the error messages are still coming in ?

I must be missing something, any ideas ?

Hi,

To assure UPNP is realy disabled you can run these two lines in the Lua Test window. Without this my Vera Edge’s go into a LUUP restart loop when on the same network as Sonos.

luup.attr_set("EnableUPnP", 0, 0)
luup.attr_set("UpnpScanning", 0, 0)
return true

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Many Thanks @reneboer

Before I try it - just wondering Is there a similar command to check if it is enabled even if the Ui says its not ?

HI @parkerc,

It is simple to get the values, but not to show them. If you have ALTUI you can try this in the Lua test.

print(luup.attr_get("EnableUPnP",0))
print(luup.attr_set("UpnpScanning", 0))
return true

Or on Vera do this and then look in the log file

luup.log("EnableUPnP : "..luup.attr_get("EnableUPnP",0))
luup.log("UpnpScanning : "..luup.attr_set("UpnpScanning", 0))
return true

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene

I adjusted them both to be ‘get’ and then using LuaTest, it returned the following…

LuaTest 1.7

Lua file: /etc/cmh-ludl/luatest.lua

Results
No errors
Runtime: 0.1 ms
Code returned: true

Print output
EnableUPnP : 0
UpnpScanning : 0

Code
1 print("EnableUPnP : "…luup.attr_get(“EnableUPnP”,0))
2 print("UpnpScanning : "…luup.attr_get(“UpnpScanning”, 0))
3 return true

Ran it again with as ‘ luup.attr_set ’ but sadly the system error messages are still there :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What’s confusing me is why is it looking to load an implementation file ?

**System error :**  Device: 146. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_7828CA98E52201400_MR.xml
**System error :**  Device: 149. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_B8E93758D52001400.xml
**System error :**  Device: 150. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E585B57C801400.xml
**System error :**  Device: 151. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E5832CCA201400.xml

Does that suggest that somewhere there is a trigger set or invoked that then looks for a file called …

D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E5832CCA201400.xml

Would creating a file with that name help, if only to remove the message from the top/banner, yet still notify me ? If so - what something like this using luup.task help ?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<implementation>
  <functions>
local TASK_ERROR = 2
local TASK_ERROR_PERM = -2
local TASK_SUCCESS = 4
local TASK_BUSY = 1
local MSG_CLASS = "Dummy"

function clearTask()
        dbg.log("Clearing the task panel in UI5", dbg.DEBUG_VERBOSE)
        luup.task("Clear", TASK_SUCCESS)
end

function task(text, mode)
      local mode = mode or TASK_ERROR

if (mode == TASK_ERROR_PERM) then
          taskHandle = luup.task(text, TASK_ERROR, MSG_CLASS, taskHandle)
      else
          taskHandle = luup.task(text, mode, MSG_CLASS, taskHandle)

if (mode ~= TASK_SUCCESS) then
            luup.call_delay("clearTask", 30, "", false)
          end
      end
end
  </functions>
  <startup>SonosRICON</startup>
</implementation>

luup.task example taken from - http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13980.0

The way this is supposed to work (and this has nothing to do with the Sonos plugin) is that UPnP device discovery (Vera) is supposed to find the device, and using the response in the discovery packet, it gets the device description. That DD enumerates a bunch of services, which either the host (Vera) can recognize natively, or if not, it can request them from the UPnP device (Sonos). It then keeps them and “learns” them. On Vera, this is all broken, and produces nothing useful, which is why the Sonos plugin exists. It will goof things up mightily, though. So yes, by all means, turn off with extreme prejudice.

You need to reload Luup after changing the UPnP settings also. I don’t see that in @reneboer’s code… don’t forget that step.

Thanks, and while not specifically mentioned I did do a reload too, but that still didn’t change anything, nothing I do seems to stop those bl**dy system error messages coming up.

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "Reload", {}, 0)

Use the UI to make sure both settings are really off.

1. In Settings > Network and WiFi turn off “auto-detect devices”;
  2. In Users & Account Info > Security turn off “Enable UPnP”.

Actually now that I look at your code, it may not work (the attr_set() requires three arguments), so you may find one of them to be on, if not both.

Thanks …

I can confirm ‘auto-detect devices ‘ was enabled so I’ve unticked that now , but the “Enable UPnP’ option was Still not ticked , so remains disabled.

I’ve just done a Luup.reload and sadly nothing’s changed; the system errors are still there…

Happens to some. Just ignore them, then. They have nothing to do with the Sonos plugin anyway.

But is it trying to find and load an implementation file locally (re my earlier post) ?

Ah, so go ahead and delete those broken devices. You might not be able to see them in the UI, so you’ll have to sleuth them out in the log and use the Luup action DeleteDevice in urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1 (only parameter is DeviceNum).

Hey @rigpapa

Looks like we may have a winner !!

System error : Device: 146. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_7828CA98E52201400_MR.xml
System error : Device: 149. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_B8E93758D52001400.xml
System error : Device: 150. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E585B57C801400.xml
System error : Device: 151. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E5832CCA201400.xml
System error : Device: 194. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E588E442601400_MS.xml

Using the delete device option…

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=146
http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=149
http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=150
http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=151
http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=194

Errors messages have gone, (at least for now)
I’m crossing fingers it’s for good.

Thanks for your help/guidance

1 Like

Had the same issue as parkerc, mine from a restore.

Thank you @rigpapa, et al, for sharing your knowledge and skill.