Switched Thermostats and Now App Crashes

Authomation 2.0.3.1

I had to replace my thermostat with a different model. I removed it from Vera and included the new one - everything there is working fine. I loaded up Authomation (an older version) and every time I would select the thermostat the app would crash. I ended up clearing user data, uninstalling it, and installing the latest version (2.0.3.1) from the Play store - same results. The message I get in this version is:

Well… I brought it up to get the message and now it works! I installed the thermostat last night and authomation wouldn’t work with the thermostat, now it does. What could have been fixed on it’s own? Anything I may have been able to do to “speed up” the process if the situation happens again?

Unfortunately there could be a lot of things at play. What type thermostat is used? How long did you wait to load the app after adding the new thermostat? Was it right away? It could have been that the data was not fully populated on the vera side and the app did not like the values it was getting from the new thermostat. When you say you selected the thermostat, does that mean you actually clicked on the thermostat tile to open of the thermostat view?

• Garrett

I went from an Intermatic (WD) to a Trane. I waited about 15 min. after verifying all was working on Vera’s end. And after that, the time it took to remove the old app and install the newer version. Yes, I mean when I selected the tile to bring up the thermostat.

mine also crashes.

I’ve installed Authomation on my Nexus 7, and S3, and they both crash whenever I select thermostat.

It still shows the right temperature on the icon, and works correctly through the Vera web interface

Edit: I forgot to mention, my thermostat is a CT100

[quote=“sleedham, post:4, topic:173475”]mine also crashes.

I’ve installed Authomation on my Nexus 7, and S3, and they both crash whenever I select thermostat.

It still shows the right temperature on the icon, and works correctly through the Vera web interface

Edit: I forgot to mention, my thermostat is a CT100[/quote]

Since I only have the trane thermostat, I can only go by what I have for information to code in my App. It looks like the CT100 may not provide all of the details that the app needs and it crashes because those values do not exist. If you can provide me your lu_sdata, I can have a look and provide fix in the next version of AutHomation.

You can retrieve the lu_sdata by going to the following link:

http://ip:3480/data_request?id=lu_sdata

Where ip is the vera ip address. Before you send it off, please go through the data and carefully remove any passwords or sensitive data you might have. You can take the data and put it into a json formatter found here: http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to have the data be easily readable. You can than send the data to authomation at garrettpower dot com.

• Garrett

I just sent that info to you

I don’t know if this helps, but the voice control still works for the thermostat. You can set it by voice, just not by the icon

I also have a trane thermostat and use your app on my Sony GoogleTV and it crashes when I try to access the thermostat. Other than that I like the app, nice to control the house on the 65" TV to turn lights on and off, check the camera on the front door and unlock it and such. Just wish I had better options for GoogleTV with ARC support for my receiver.

Not sure why the Trane is causing the app to crash. I have not put a lot of effort in the Google Tv portion of the app as my google tv device is not currently functional and I have no way of testing functionality, etc. So I have temporarily remove support for GoogleTV in the newer beta versions. I did make some changes to the thermostat portion of the code in the app, so hopefully this will fix issues that people are experiencing with the app crashing when accessing the thermostat controls.

• Garrett