Support for the Logitech Harmony 890 Universal Remote

Does anyone know if the Harmony 890 will work as a secondary remote under VERA? I’d like it to simply control the lights and future z-wave window coverings/blinds. Maybe even turn off all devices or control a scene “on/off” state.

If not, do you know of any other Audio/Video Universal Remotes that work with Z-Wave?

As long as 890 supports copying network configuration from a primary controller it should work with Vera.

The Logitech remotes have a substandard ZWave implementation and don’t support anything except being a primary controller.

I have a Logitec Harmony 895 since the end of december. I had the same problem, controlling my lightswitches with both devices.
Logitec only supports as primary controller. But i fixed the problem by making the Vera Zwave controller a secondary controller. However, could not find this function in the Vera user interface. In the Zwave development kit from Zensys you can set the Vera dongle (controller) in Learn Mode. I did the following.
Connected the Vera Zwave dongle into the PC.
Started Up the PCCcontroller software of Zwave.
It recognised the dongle and communicated with it.
Then i set the dongle in learn mode.
With the logitec i switched on a light.
Now it started netwerk replication and de Vera dongle acts as secondary controller.
The blue led will be light continuous in this mode.
Put the dongle again in the Vera box, and now i could control my lights by both systems, however:

1. Can only switch one time on/off in the UI, after that nothing changes. After reloading the UI it works again one time on/off.

2. I missed the learn mode in the UI.

I hope this information helps you, or somebody knows which button starts the learn mode. I did’nt find it.

Greetings to you all…

I know this is an old topic, but I currently have a Harmony 890 and am considering vera. The method to make the vera a secondary controller seems to rely on the first generation model’s separate zwave dongle. Does anyone know if this will work with the current model and its integrated zwave module?

Thanks,
Bill

[quote=“wgs, post:5, topic:164266”]I know this is an old topic, but I currently have a Harmony 890 and am considering vera. The method to make the vera a secondary controller seems to rely on the first generation model’s separate zwave dongle. Does anyone know if this will work with the current model and its integrated zwave module?

Thanks,
Bill[/quote]I doubt it as its the Harmony thats the problem. There are other threads detailing this and unless you have the pro model and want vera as a secondary then you are out of luck.

You need the pro version… and it will work as a secondary, with vera as the primary (vera as node 1)…
Also, the instructions I wrote/used will work without unplugging the dongle… i just found it easier that way. And, if I’m not mistaken, the vera2 has a built-in battery which allows you to walk around the house and include devices, right? I don’t know anything about the vera2 (except that I’m glad I got mine before the new one came out)

I may just end up ditching the 890 and getting the Monster AVL-300 instead. I really only need to be able to control 2 loads from the harmony, so I may just exclude them from the rest of the zwave network. Is it possible to make the vera the secondary controller for some devices and the primary for others? I know in order to work with the schlage lock it needs to be the primary.

No, the z-wave network will only have one primary, and devices can only talk to other devices on the same network.
The monster is supposedly the same device as the 890pro, but apparently the software is nicer to deal with.