Support for other third party cameras

Does anyone with Vera/Mios know if there are plans to add native support for more third party camera? I am specifically looking for Amcrest or Foscam support and would prefer to not treat it as “generic”.

Also, any chance of updating this page with the latest info?

http://docs5.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&manual=1&platform=3Pro&page=supported_cameras

I’m not opposed to using a Vera branded camera, but I am looking for an outdoor safe camera similar to Amcrest IP3M-954E or IP3M-956E

I am wondering the same, now that I’m about to purchase my first Vera-compatible (hopefully!) IP camera. This is precisely the kind of assurance first-time buyers need before potentially plopping down a bundle of cash on hardware that may not play as well with Vera as one had hoped.

CASPE15, did you take the plunge? How did it work out?

[quote=“LibraSun, post:2, topic:194328”]I am wondering the same, now that I’m about to purchase my first Vera-compatible (hopefully!) IP camera. This is precisely the kind of assurance first-time buyers need before potentially plopping down a bundle of cash on hardware that may not play as well with Vera as one had hoped.

CASPE15, did you take the plunge? How did it work out?[/quote]

The truth is vera and cameras don’t mix very well. There is a small overlap but that’s about it. Vera is not a DVR and Vera doesn’t stream well. IP cameras are not z-wave and don’t have to run threw VERA for everything or much. Consider your outcomes and focus more on a good IP camera not so much on VERA for cameras and you’ll be better off. There is a bunch of threads on here about cameras.

While this is a very incipient stage for this, wanted to tell you that we are considering ONVIF standard compliance.
This will basically open NATIVE compatibility, with mostly any camera bearing this logo.

Again, this is only in research phase.

Prowave Technologies (Redirecting...) just introduced a very small and fast video controller called Hyve that was specifically designed because customers required a controller that could handle most (all?) IP cameras. The software looks and functions the same on mobile and desktop, works on any platform and is based on the awesome software motioneyeOS. 8)