Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW

Curiously, I’m starting to get “WIFI_UDP_Controller : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.” messages as well, although the plugin is installed and otherwise working . I’m hoping the error will magically go away with the next update - otherwise there does not appear to be an issue - before spending much time in tracking it down. In your case, assuming you haven’t already, maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling… My recommendation would be to install the original plugin, then reload luup and reboot etc - and basically wait a while (to allow the original script to download whatever it needs first) before manually installing the patched version

I do not have the issue with other plugins I tried.
I’ am just installing the plugin from the “app store” no modifications. Have tried it on the VeraPlus with no success. On the VeraLite same issue. I have waited but nothing seems to change. Any way I can get the files and install them manually?

Finally found the issue to be a port setting. Although documentation talks about 8899 it turned out I had to use 5987.
@kd7gab thanks a lot for your effort making this plugin work on wifi bridge V6.

I would like to thank this community for the work done to implement the new iBOX Wifi Bridge from MiLight… the instructions and the implementation file worked perfectly for me and I now have a great mix of both old style and new style MiLight WiFi boxes happily controlling my LEDs.

Just one suggestion… earlier in this thread the instructions were to SSH into Vera and copy across and then move the new implementation file. I did not do it this way because I have a mix of old and new MiLight boxes.

Instead, I did this;

1. Download the MiLight Device and Implementation files from the Vera Web Interface. (D_MiLightRGBW.xml and I_MiLightRGBW.xml). Do this from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page.
  2. Rename them both on your desktop to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively
  3. Edit D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml on your PC and right at the bottom where it references the implementation file, change the file name like this;
I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml
  1. Now go back to the Vera Web Interface and upload both files into the Vera from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page
  2. Now go to your devices (the LED lights) that were created using the old plugin for the old MiLight box and go to Advanced Setup and change the Device File and the Impleentaiton file names in that device to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively.

Voila. Easy. Now you can have both controllers co-exist.

Hope this helps someone.

So far… so good… I’m using both version of Milight Boxes… I did what @mbarne36 proposed and then I edit the the file like @kd7gab proposed and finally I used the port that @ranneman proposed… it works on scene and luup… everything is working find… Thank you guys to be there for us… :wink:

BRAVO!!!

how can i control diffrent zone in the wifi box ?

Didn’t test it but it should be possible through the group field in the variables overview for the device.

Kd7gab do you have any plans on working on the Kelvin and Saturation implementation. The plugin works fine with the changes you have implemented. If I only use the dimming function it is okay, however sometimes I play with the colors as well and then my scenes are not able to set the Warm White back to what it should be. I suppose that works with Kelvin. I noticed the Kelvin part to be in the updated I_MiLightRGBW.xml file but as you already mentioned it should also be updated in some other files.

It does not work either on LUUP code with the disco and white mode… it works only with the Hue mode… I was trying to set those modes with the led trip lights on my Christmas tree… that’s where I saw it wasn’t working…

Meanwhile I got the warm white working. That is what is was looking for so for this moment I’M am fine. (I made a small change to the implementation file to switch from cold white to warm white. As I do not to plan to use the cold white this works for me.

I am new using VeraPlus, I just know I need to download some plugins for some 3rd devices integration. Lately I am trying my new order Mi-Light IBox2 (V6), I guess it is version 6 with both LED WW/CW strip controller and GU10 dual white. I am happy I can read this thread and there are many good buddies working on this stuff. I am interested in this programming, but don?t know how to start.

Can anyone help me here to direct me the link I can get more information how to start? Is it possible you can just pass me a Plugins and xml for my trying? Thanks in advance.

MYLE not sure what you are looking for. You can install the milight plugin from the the apps menu. I have a similar bridge. Once the app plugin is installed you probably run into an issue saying “downloading luup files” or something similar. I have included a zip file that includes all the milight files needed (at least for my setup, I made some small changes to be able to control my RGBW lights using the WW instead of CW). Just upload these files using the upload feature under develop apps in the apps menu. After that reload your lua engine (settings, zwave settings, advanced, reload engine). Once done, refresh your browser and if all okay it should give an error on a invalid IP. there should be a new device MILIGHT RGBW. maintain the correct IP address and port number in the advanced setting for the device, 192.xxx.xxx.xx:5987. In my case the port is 5987.

I just tested this routine on my spare veralite, works fine. Be aware this is for the rgbww lights. I don’t know if this works for your lights.

I use scenes to control the steering of the lights.

Thanks ranneman. I will try it first and let you know the outcome.

Can you tell me where you make the change on the Implementation file…?

Just take the implementation file from the post above. It includes all files for the milight.

So the command should be this one… luup.call_action(“urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1”,"SetWhiteMode?,?1?,)

This is what I do
luup.call_action(“urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1”,“SetWhiteMode”,{newWhiteMode=“0”},116)
luup.call_action(“urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1”,“SetHue”,{newHue=“30”},116)

My question maybe stupid, can I ask if I should download the existing RGBW plugin from VeraPlus first? I couldn?t make it work even I followed all your steps by your instruction from the previous post.

So what I did… If I want a warm light… I created a new Luup file with a different name (I_MiLightRGBWBOX3.xml) with Ranneman file… [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40126.0;attach=38303]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40126.0;attach=38303[/url] and if I want cold light I use the another file from kd7gab… [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40126.0;attach=35121]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40126.0;attach=35121[/url] with another name (I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml)…
Now I have the choice to use cold light for the outside lighting… and warm light in the inside lightning

This is what I did and it’s working good so far…
I’m attaching the modified ‘I_MiLightRGBW.xml’ file. How I’m updating the file on my Vera is included below. Please note, it is possible to mess up your Vera if you do something wrong, etc…

1. SCP the attached ‘I_MiLightRGBW.xml’ file to your Vera, my preference is to put in into the ‘/root/’ folder, since there’s generally not much if anything there. I like to use WinSCP if I’m on a windows box to do the copy.
  2. Connect to your Vera via SSH and verify you’re in the right directory (‘pwd’ works perfectly for this).
  3. Once you have the file on your Vera, you’ll need to make a backup of the original plugin’s ‘I_MiLightRGBW.xml’ file. The easiest option is to copy it to a new filename.
    Code: [Select]
    cp /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /root/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo.backup
  4. Now that you have your original plugin backed up, we’ll need to compress the new file:
    pluto-lzo c I_MiLightRGBW.xml I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo
  5. The compressed plugin file now needs to be copied over the original plugin, in the ‘/etc/cmh-ludl’ folder
    cp I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo
  6. From the Vera interface, you’ll need to browse to ‘Settings’ > ‘Z-Wave Settings’ > ‘Advanced’. Here you’ll need to click the GO button for the ‘Reload Engine’ option. This will restart LUUP and load the new plugin file.
  7. If you want to look at the live log info while sending control commands, you can tail the uPNP log file
    tail -f /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

At this point, you should be able to control your Mi-Light/Limitless LED lights via the new bridge. Please note, the modified file will NOT work with the older bridges.

I’m happy to receive feedback, etc. on this but do keep in mind it is a work in progress and I don’t have every feature updated and working in this version of the plugin file…

I_MiLightRGBW.xml (25.13 kB - downloaded 17 times.)

I would like to thank this community for the work done to implement the new iBOX Wifi Bridge from MiLight… the instructions and the implementation file worked perfectly for me and I now have a great mix of both old style and new style MiLight WiFi boxes happily controlling my LEDs.

Just one suggestion… earlier in this thread the instructions were to SSH into Vera and copy across and then move the new implementation file. I did not do it this way because I have a mix of old and new MiLight boxes.

Instead, I did this;

1. Download the MiLight Device and Implementation files from the Vera Web Interface. (D_MiLightRGBW.xml and I_MiLightRGBW.xml). Do this from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page.
  2. Rename them both on your desktop to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively
  3. Edit D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml on your PC and right at the bottom where it references the implementation file, change the file name like this;
I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml
  1. Now go back to the Vera Web Interface and upload both files into the Vera from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page
  2. Now go to your devices (the LED lights) that were created using the old plugin for the old MiLight box and go to Advanced Setup and change the Device File and the Impleentaiton file names in that device to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively.

Voila. Easy. Now you can have both controllers co-exist.

Finally found the issue to be a port setting. Although documentation talks about 8899 it turned out I had to use 5987.
@kd7gab thanks a lot for your effort making this plugin work on wifi bridge V6.