Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW

I am out for a month… I will sure try it when I’ll come back and will give you a feed back… Thanks a lot…

Hi,

I’m a new with vera and milight but got the v6 bridge working with this new xml file. But only from the “device → control”. I’m unable to turn the lights on from a scene or from the ios app. Any idea how to fix this? I understand this is still work in process so maybe not yet implemented?

Regards,

Ron

I did not try it yet… but I just want to know if you got it to work with a scene or not…?

[quote=“ronblom, post:22, topic:194299”]Hi,

I’m a new with vera and milight but got the v6 bridge working with this new xml file. But only from the “device → control”. I’m unable to turn the lights on from a scene or from the ios app. Any idea how to fix this? I understand this is still work in process so maybe not yet implemented?

Regards,

Ron[/quote]

I just made the test today and I confirm… you can control the lights from the devices board, but you can not from a scene.
It would really be a big gain for the community to have this API running considering the big difference in price in the purchase of this equipment compared to all that is found on the market. I hope that you will have it done… I would… if I could… Thanks for your help so far…

[quote=“kd7gab, post:20, topic:194299”]Quick update…

I now have color control and I have corrected the error with the brightness control in the code I posted yesterday. At this point, I need to get Saturation control working and figure out how to implement Kelvin (white color temp) control. The control for Kelvin will need to be implemented in more than just the XML implementation file, so I figure that piece will come last.

I don’t really have a desire for the disco modes but I plan to get those working for the sake of replicating the same functionality from the original plugin.

See the attached implementation file if you want to try the modifications out on your own setup.

~Jon

Edited to correct the attached file[/quote]

Brilliant work, Jon. I’ve just tried your code and it doesn’t work for me - yet - but I probably did something stupid when trying to get it all to work originally so I might wipe it all and start again from scratch. A big thanks for your effort on this though!

For those of you out there who may use Macs, there are gui based utils out there to copy files around but the manual way is as follows:

download the modified xml file to your hard drive (probably by default will end up in your download directory eg /Users/[your name]/Downloads)
open up terminal and cd to the directory where the file is (type “ls I_*” to make sure it’s there), then type:
scp I_MilightRGBW.xml root@[ip address of vera]:/root

put in password from bottom of Vera, then once the file is copied over type:
ssh [address of vera] -l root
put in password from bottom of vera

…and follow the instructions as provided earlier.

Cheers.

Still not working with a scene… do you think we can hope to have an API working with a scene…?
Thank You

[quote=“Viruta57”]Still not working with a scene… do you think we can hope to have an API working with a scene…?
Thank You[/quote]Apologies for the long time between posts, work and house projects have been eating up all of my time.

I have been able to use the modified plugin in scenes but it does seem to be pretty finicky and definitely does not work as well as I would lime it to.

I think the long term approach will be to write a new plugin from scratch but I have no idea when I will habe time to do that. What I’ve posted so far is the entirety of my experience with Vera plugins. I keep hoping someone with more experience and time will snag what I’ve come up with and use it to generate better code, etc.

This project is definitely on my list but I’m not certain when I’ll be putting meaningful effort into again, most likely after the weather turns this fall. If I were able to use the private messaging, I would have already reached out to rexbeckett directly but I don’t yet have the ability to use that feature of the forum.

~Jon

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I would be really helpful if you could get it working… I don’t understand why Vera don’t get involve with that project and don’t try to get it working since it’s the cheapest way to get RGBW bulb and led strip working with Vera… If you compare with all the other products… it’s about half the price… May be somebody from Vera could answer to that…

For those interested in this topic, I apologize for the long delay in responding. Life has had other plans for most of my time off lately. Back to the topic at hand…

I recently updated the firmware on my Vera and found the modified plugin stopped working on me. After running some packet captures, I realized the plugin was not sending an ON command to the WiFi bridge. This same issue might be what a couple people mentioned about it not working for them. I’ve made some modifications to the plugin to issue an ON command whenever a new, non-zero light level is commanded. This seems to be the main change needed. Additionally, this could be related to a new approach Vera may be taking to how they handle an ON command for a device.

On the comments about not being about to use this in a scene, I’ve not had any scene usage issues until the latest firmware. I’ll note, I am using a Vera 3 for my development efforts. I’ve started to consider upgrading to a Vera Secure but will likely wait for the $$ to come back down. If you’re using one of the newer Veras, you might notice differing behaviors from what I’m seeing my end. The reason I’m pointing out the potential behavioral differences is Vera is on significantly different firmware versions for the older units when compared to the newer generation of Veras.

I’ve attached the updated implementation file (I_MiLightRGBW.xml). This one should work better than the last files I’ve posted. Please feel free to manipulate the code if you want, I’d love to see Limitless LED/Mi Light get better support on Vera. If I can devote more time to this effort, I’ll try to figure out how to build a full on plug-in or at least modify the existing plug-in.

~Jon

*Added note about use in a scene (1:12 PM PST 11/4/2017)

Hi Jon,

Works great with a scene now. Thank you very much.
Is it also possible to choose a color or a mode in a scene? I only see the on, off and percentage in a scene.

Ron

[quote=“ronblom”]Hi Jon,

Works great with a scene now. Thank you very much.
Is it also possible to choose a color or a mode in a scene? I only see the on, off and percentage in a scene.

Ron[/quote]I think that would be something you would need to do from LUUP code in a scene at this point. I’ve just barely started messing with the UI components and haven’t gotten very far with it yet.

~Jon

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hi Jon,

I found the luup code in the manual. This also works fine. example of my milight device with number 29:

luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1”,“SetLoadLevelTarget”,{newLoadlevelTarget=“40”},29)
luup.call_action(“urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1”,“SetHue”,{newHue=“20”},29)

Will set dimming to 40% and Hue to 20.

I can fully control my lights with the v6 wifi bridge. Thanks

Ron

…and it works for me as well now! Thanks heaps, Jon.

[quote=“ronblom, post:32, topic:194299”]Hi Jon,

I found the luup code in the manual. This also works fine. example of my milight device with number 29:

luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1”,“SetLoadLevelTarget”,{newLoadlevelTarget=“40”},29)
luup.call_action(“urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MiLightRGBW1”,“SetHue”,{newHue=“20”},29)

Will set dimming to 40% and Hue to 20.

I can fully control my lights with the v6 wifi bridge. Thanks

Ron[/quote]

Thanks Ron - that works for me as well!

I made some tests with my Vera Plus at home and I found out that the bulbs that I can only link with the APP on my iPhone with Remote_1 work with Vera and the bulbs that I can only link with Remote_2 don’t work with Vera… Should I understand there should a difference with the Milight bulbs… I mean it could be the difference beetween RGB CW, RGB WW or RGB…

PICTURES
REMOTE_1
REMOTE_2

Here the first bulb that is working with Remote_1 and Vera and the two others models that are not working with Remote_2 but not with Vera

Ah. I was confused for a while with my lights - I eventually found that I could link the lights to different groups/zones on the app as well as different groups/zones on the physical remote. Might not be your issue, but if it is then use the app to link the lights to the zone you want first. Once that’s done, and you confirm they work, you can then link the apps to the physical remote(s) as well and you should be able to control the lights using both the app as well as the remote. Vera should also work as long as it’s configured to the same zone as those use with the app.

As an aside, I also found I had issues controlling some lights at the front of the house - one or two would work but others not. I eventually worked out the issue was they were too far away from the ibox2 → I now have two of them, and issue solved.

Final note - I have some RGB as well as RGBW lights - using the RGBW plugin is fine with the RGB lights - only issue is if you try to get them to show white they just go dark… which is fair enough. :slight_smile:

I always use the Milight APP on my Iphone to link my lights, as I told you you can choose a remote in the app. It’s not all the lights that I can link with the remote 1 … I have to use the remote 2 to do it … and if I use the remote 2 it does not work with Vera, like you said I also check for distance and I still have the same problem, for now I don’ use the manual remote

NB… I have 6 bulbs of the model I show on the picture below which is RGB WW…I can not link them with the remote_1… but I can withe the remote_2 which doesn’t work with Vera… Just to remind you that all my lights are working with the previous version of Milight bridge and Vera API

Maybe I should clarify my question … what I want to know is why some types of Milight bulbs do not respond the same way. I want to know if there is a possible solution or otherwise how I can make the difference if I want to buy new ones that will be compatible with the new bridge V6 and also with the new modification that are proposed with this new bridge wifi …

Hi, trying to get my Milight working. However seems I cannot install the milightRGBW app. While installing it end with a message saying: Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes. I have waited, tried to update app but doesn’t seem to get installed. The log shows messages below:

Any idea on how to get the app installed? I expect the issue is caused due to DownloadFiles J_MiLightRGBW.js not being installed.
(I also checked downloading the MilightRGB and that downloads without any problem but I cannot use that)

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download S_MiLightRGBW.xml <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.773 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set S_MiLightRGBW.xml <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.774 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download J_MiLightRGBW.js <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.774 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set J_MiLightRGBW.js <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.775 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download I_MiLightRGBW.xml <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.776 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set I_MiLightRGBW.xml <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.776 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_MiLightRGBW.json <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.777 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_MiLightRGBW.json <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.778 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_MiLightRGBW_UI7.json <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.779 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_MiLightRGBW_UI7.json <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.779 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_MiLightRGBW.xml <0x2b891310>
02 11/23/17 19:37:09.780 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_MiLightRGBW.xml <0x2b891310>
01 11/23/17 19:37:09.834 Device_LuaUPnP::LoadDeviceDoc can’t load /etc/cmh-lu//D_MiLightRGBW.xml <0

01 11/23/17 19:37:14.559 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::GetPluginVersionOnline failed to convert 5836 <0x2c2d2680>
01 11/23/17 19:37:14.897 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::GetPluginVersionOnline failed to convert 5846 <0x2c2d2680>
01 11/23/17 19:37:15.911 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::DownloadFile iSlot: 48 buffer: (null) <0x2c2d2680>
01 11/23/17 19:37:15.912 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::DownloadFiles J_MiLightRGBW.js returned 0 <0x2c2d2680>
01 11/23/17 19:37:15.913 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::DownloadFiles can’t get file J_MiLightRGBW.js <0x2c2d2680>