Support for Honewell Lyric Wifi thermostat

Is there any plugin for the new Lyric thermostat

There’s no officially released API from Honeywell… That and I’m not sure who (now) would code it if there was (MCV or a community member).

There is a plugin for the Honeywell wifi models

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Honeywell plugin works by logging into the Honeywell Total Comfort Connect website and passing the commands back to the thermostat. Does the Lyric use the TCC website? If so, the plugin should work for you. Just search for Honeywell in the “install apps” tab of your Vera.

Did JoeyD leave the forum?

I hope not. I purchased my Honeywell thermostat because there was a plugin to use with Vera. I would hate to see that plugin become stagnant or fade away.

Just wondered based on CudaNet’s post. I am very happy with my wifi Honeywell and the plugin. Best of both worlds.

Thanks will look into it,

I believe the lyric uses its own service and does not use the TCC service.

Sorry,

My comment was more directed to MCV’s development path than Joey. Since MCV has moved the Nest product from independent (Watou) to integrated, I was only commenting that who knows what other products are in that path. Perhaps MCV will work with Honeywell one day, perhaps not. Perhaps Honeywell will gets it’s act together and develop a single API structure which supports all their product lines. Perhaps not…

[quote=“Grwebster, post:7, topic:186922”]Just wondered based on CudaNet’s post. I am very happy with my wifi Honeywell and the plugin. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

No need to be sorry. I can see them hooking up with Nest though as it looks to be the centre of a new automation system.

Honeywell Lyric thermostat update.

I just switched from my older Honeywell TCC thermostat, which integrated well with my vera edge, to a Honeywell Lyric T5 thermostat.

I couldn’t find much reference to vera integration other than a vera page stating they were partners with Lyric and the round thermostat. I didn’t see an app for the lyric and it doesnt use the TCC api.

While adding a new device, I randomly checked the thermostat templates and saw the Honeywell Lryic Round was in there. I used it for my Lyric T5 and it seems to be "mostly"working. The geofence variable doesn’t work and after several hours of inactivity vera can read but not write to lyric until the lyric is accessed via the lyric native app or the touch panel control.