Support for Echo Spot

Just about to purchase the Vera Secure to, amongst ot take advantage of the Alexa features with my new Echo Spot. Can anyone confirm if the Spot will work with Vera and if not when?

Thx.

I currently have 3 echo dots running in my house and have no problems using Alexa with them. Just setup mt Vera Plus 2 weeks ago and it integrated very easily into the Alexa App. Only issue I have found is whenever I enter a New Object into Vera, I have to then Disable and the Re-Enable the Vera skill in the Alexa app for it to show up in Alexa Smart Home devices.

But overall it works great for me as I became wheelchair bound last year and this is making my life so much easier.

[quote=“MaxxCorp, post:2, topic:198801”]I currently have 3 echo dots running in my house and have no problems using Alexa with them. Just setup mt Vera Plus 2 weeks ago and it integrated very easily into the Alexa App. Only issue I have found is whenever I enter a New Object into Vera, I have to then Disable and the Re-Enable the Vera skill in the Alexa app for it to show up in Alexa Smart Home devices.

But overall it works great for me as I became wheelchair bound last year and this is making my life so much easier.[/quote]

jeremyjjr was talking about Echo Spot, not dot.
And Yes, all echo devices works with Vera the same.

After you add your devices to your Vera controller, go to http://home.getvera.com, and log in. Click on your name in the top right corner, then select “Manage Alexa.” After selecting and renaming your new devices with Alexa-friendly names, save, then ask your Echo to “discover new devices.” It should find them.

I used to do it the same way as you, until finding something about this, online. It’s a little obscure, since you can do almost everything else from your local Vera device, but I guess that’s the price you pay when using a purely cloud-based product, like Alexa.

Indeed, all Echo lineup will work with Vera. Instructions here:
http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2648086-alexa-user-guide?b_id=712