Suggestion for alarm partition devices

Hi rakstar.

If an alarm partition device is not of type “AlarmPartition2”, it looks like your application does not show this device. Would it be possible that you use the category 23 instead of the type ?

Regarding the buttons, what is “iStay” ? Does it correspond to state “StayInstant” ? If that’s true, shouldn’t we have another button “iArm” ?

Hi! I don’t have my own alarm system so I rely on feedback from users… could you send me your user data and possibly some screenshots from Vera’s UI highlighting what’s missing? I’m not sure if iStay = StayInstant… I assume so?. If Vera has an iArm button, I can add that as well. Sorry I can’t be more helpful :-[ If you send me the info, I can get that fixed for you. Thanks!

iStayand iArm (etc) were for the Instant counterpart actions, without having to use “long” buttons to accommodate their labels, esp on the [original] Dashboard where space was a premium 8)

Control points can use whatever labeling scheme they choose, since they may have a completely different UI representation for these… or not have the same limitations as the Dashboard UI.

@guessed thanks for the info… @lolodomo, hope that helps. Send me your info when you get a chance so I can take a look.

Hi rakstar.

Home Buddy correctly displayed a device of type “AlarmPartition2”.

The problem we have is that Vera does not manage correctly a setup with several devices having the same type but different json file. So if you have in your configuration several D_*.json files using type “AlarmPartition2”, only one will be applied to all devices.
As a consequence, we are forced to define other type, for example “AlarmPartition3”. That solved the Vera issue but in this case, this device is not considered by Home Buddy.

The solution would be that you consider not the type but the category. If a device has value 23 for category, you consider that it is an alarm partition device. Is it something you can change ?

I hope that I am clear in my explanation…

[quote=“lolodomo, post:5, topic:172037”]Hi rakstar.

Home Buddy correctly displayed a device of type “AlarmPartition2”.

The problem we have is that Vera does not manage correctly a setup with several devices having the same type but different json file. So if you have in your configuration several D_*.json files using type “AlarmPartition2”, only one will be applied to all devices.
As a consequence, we are forced to define other type, for example “AlarmPartition3”. That solved the Vera issue but in this case, this device is not considered by Home Buddy.

The solution would be that you consider not the type but the category. If a device has value 23 for category, you consider that it is an alarm partition device. Is it something you can change ?

I hope that I am clear in my explanation…[/quote]

lolodomo,

Not sure how the plugin is implemented, but you are steering away from the whole alarm standard that was drafted to make implementation easy across vera and 3rd party apps. My app currently setups up based on category number, but I am slowly moving away from this and the proper way is based on device type. What is the reason for the different json for the AlarmPartition2 device type? It would probably be much easier for rakstar to add the AlarmPartition3 and mimic the same controls of AlarmPartition2.

• Garrett

Also note that by creating a AlarmPartition3, this could clash with future implementations of of the alarm standardization.

Hi Garrett.

The reason is just that each alarm plugin uses a specific json file. As soon as you have 2 alarm plugins or more in your Vera system, you encountered this “stupid” problem. In my case, I installed the Visonic plugin + my RFXtrx plugin implementing X10 security. I have no other solution than defining two different types. The solution would have been a fix by Micasaverde but as I understood this is not something we can expect.
Using category (what is doing AutHomation) is working well in this case. What’s a pity if you plan to move to type instead of category.

Regarding the type, I could use “RFXtrxAlarmPartition2” instead of “AlarmPartition3”. Whatever the type, something has to be changed in Home Buddy to have my alarm partition recognized.

I am open for suggestions.

Understood, the reason for going to device type is to know the exact functions of the device and is easier to define the proper controls as well as to add support for third party plugins. Using device categories is too broad and limits the device support. If you figure out the route you want to go, let me know and I’ll try and add support in the future release. I am sure rakstar will have no problem doing the same.

• Garrett

I will release probably today a new version of the RFXtrx plugin and I will be happy if you could support in a next version of Home Buddy and AutHomation the type “urn:rfxcom-com:device:SecurityRemote:1” like a standard alarm partition device (arm, disarm, panic, … buttons).
If you can/want make something specific for this device type, only one Panic button is required, I can’t make difference between medical, fire and police.

I will need a lot more information to support this. I need to know the exact controls, commands, lu_sdata, etc.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:10, topic:172037”]I will need a lot more information to support this. I need to know the exact controls, commands, lu_sdata, etc.

• Garrett[/quote]

This new device is compliant with the alarm partition standard.
The managed commands are: arm away, arm away instant, arm home, arm home instant, disarm and panic.
As I explained, one unique panic command would be enough but you can keep the free panic buttons if you don’t want to define something particular for this device.
There is no need to enter a PIN code but you can keep the PIN code entering if you don’t want to define something particular for this device.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:11, topic:172037”][quote=“garrettwp, post:10, topic:172037”]I will need a lot more information to support this. I need to know the exact controls, commands, lu_sdata, etc.

• Garrett[/quote]

This new device is compliant with the alarm partition standard.
The managed commands are: arm away, arm away instant, arm home, arm home instant, disarm and panic.
As I explained, one unique panic command would be enough but you can keep the free panic buttons if you don’t want to define something particular for this device.
There is no need to enter a PIN code but you can keep the PIN code entering if you don’t want to define something particular for this device.[/quote]

I am going to need more information then this. Can you provide me where I can look at the plugin files? Can you also show me what the lu_sdata looks like for this new device?

• Garrett

Here is the part relative to this device in the result of lu_sdata:

Is it what you need ?

Does it show up in AutHomation? Does it function? If you followed the alarm standardization, it should be functional in the app.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:14, topic:172037”]Does it show up in AutHomation? Does it function? If you followed the alarm standardization, it should be functional in the app.

• Garrett[/quote]

Oups, sorry, it appears in AutHomthisn; it is in Home Buddy that it does not appear.
I will check later if all is working as expected.

Thanks, let me know what doesn’t work and needs to be added.

• Garrett