Steinel Smart Home XLED Home 2

I’ll check tomorrow if its still working…

still working so far, max is 250 so it doesn’t go above that

1 Like

Fingers crossed.

Yeah didn’t think it would go above 250 LUX after seeing that parameter setting description.

What’s the actual light like, is it bright?

I assume it’s an inbuilt led bulb that can’t be changed?

Solid well waterproof construction?

I’m lighting my front drive which is not particularly big (maybe (4 cars) its bright enough for that, haven’t ordered for back garden yet that’s bigger i will do soon though
Yeah inbuilt LED
Seems well built the only slight disappointment is the sensor it swivels left and right (independently of the lamp) but not up and down so the light and the sensor move up and down

Just wondering how you were getting on with these Everspring outdoor lights, still working well?

Hello

Yes all good, no problems at all, I didn’t need to buy another for the back garden since I replaced the zwave sensor with a Philips Hue Motion sensor everything is working ok now, especially as I got rid of all my Fibaro sensors which were causing loads of issues on my network

1 Like

My bog standard LED PIR flood light [broken link] over my decking has died again. Think that is the third one I have had from Screwfix. They keep giving me free replacements but its a pain to swap them over each time. These things don’t seem to last long at all.

Thinking of either buying one of these Everspring Z-Wave lights or maybe a Philips Hue outdoor motion sensor and some kind of LED floodlight with no onboard PIR etc.

I have a Zwave pir and a separate light. Approaching 4 years no problems. I’ll probably switch the pir with a wired one, and just attach it to the second channel of the same fibaro double switch.

Yes I am doing that already for my porch area, using an Everspring SP816-1 outdoor motion sensor. The outdoor light is then connected to a Z-Wave wall switch / relay which is indoors.

Seems they have stopped manufacturing the outdoor Everspring motion sensors?

No where in the UK has any stock. And £69 on Amazon UK ouch…

I checked on the Z-Wave distributors site in Germany they don’t sell them either.

How will that work?

Is the Fibaro Double switch not just a relay for switching things?

How can an input trigger from a wired PIR be sensed and detected?

It’s like a button, so it’s attached to the input.

I have my stairs mapped the same way. Benefit is that you can turn on by motion, or programmatically. Just get a 220v motion sensor.

I have my car gate attached the same way, plus my gate (input is for the bell, output for the gate opener), and my dusk sensor as well.

If you want to use input and output separately, look for a device that supports detached mode. I don’t remember if I’m using a fibaro or qubino here.

If you can confirm the model number of the Z-Wave modules you are using, I will take a look. Fibaro’s model numbers are confusing at the best of times.

Ok, so for detached mode I’m actually using a Shelly 1PM (12v-48v, and 110-220) because I struggled to get a Zwave device with detached input/output. If you’re OK with losing one input or output, Fibaro FGS 222/223 and Qubino Flush 2 Relay are OK. I’m using both in this configuration. S1 (input) is attached to a sensor, O2 (output) is for the command. Both O1 and S1 are not connected.

The only problem is that I had problem with pulsing sensors (on, 1 sec, off) and I had to move to a Shelly, as mentioned. I’ll try to repair a couple of them with 7.32 beta

Could a Single channel Fibaro switch module be used ? For example FGS-213

If you just want to get the input, yes. Output will always follow the input.

Yes so we use a 240V PIR sensor, its tripped signal connected to the Input and the Output is connected to an LED floodlight.

It will work. I have my stairs light just like that.

@Nevillebriggs

I bought an Everspring floodlight. I have it working also with a virtual motion sensor device.

Full setup instructions here:

1 Like

Nice one, touch wood mines been faultless so far

1 Like