Starting Lua Engine

I am running into some issues.

My Setup

NX-8E with the original CADDX P-00003 cable. This is plugged in with a Null Modem cable (from monoprice) into the WIzNet.

I configured the WizNet for DHCP and reserved the IP with my router. The IP stays at 10.0.1.13.

Then I download IPSERIAL plugin on vera. Set that up with the IP and proper Baud (it corresponds with the baud set on the alarm panel on Vera and on the WizNet).

Next I upload the plugin file by uploading the files into Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files. I create a new device with D_CaddxNX584Security.xml

Then when I restart Luup my Vera keeps getting stuck and I get Caddx NX584 Security System[6] : Starting Lua Engine

This keeps going and going and nothing ever happens. I tried several configurations with different cable and with or without the null modem cable.

I am out of ideas. Any help?

You haven’t said what version of the Vera firmware you are on, but if you are on UI5 or later there should not be a need for the IPSerial plugin. The Caddx plugin can connect directly to a WizNet perfectly well. Go into the Caddx device you created, to the Advanced tab, and put the host:port (say, [tt]10.0.1.13:5000[/tt]) into the [tt]ip[/tt] field. Delete the IPSerial device because it might interfere.

But before you do that…

This keeps going and going and nothing ever happens. I tried several configurations with different cable and with or without the null modem cable.

It’s probably worth testing the WizNet before you configure the Vera plugin. Make sure that Vera can’t reach the WizNet (say, turn it off for a minute) and test if you can telnet to the WizNet directly from a terminal program (telnet or PuTTY or whatever is available on your computer) from a real computer on the same network. Walk past a sensor and you should start seeing text appear on the screen every 1.5 seconds. It will be garbage text, but the regular 1.5 second period should be unmistakeable. Until you see this, then there is a configuration problem with the WizNet and there’s no way that the plugin will succeed.

Thank for the help. I got it to work by using the plugin from Mios.

Regarding the IPSERIAL plugin, that may have been the issue. I am noticing that it is not configured now and it works like a charm.

Many thanks!