SquareConnect still around?

Is SquareConnect still around?

The app still has a bug I reported months and months ago, and it hasn’t been updated since December. SquareConnectMat and SquareConnectJon hasn’t posted in some time, and the SQ forums are pretty quiet too. They haven’t posted there in 2 months or more.

Are they focused on the home controller? Or?? ??? :frowning:

I agreed, wonderful program, but from too much time no more update. All the new devices created with the new plug
In are not supported. Also no new features and bug fixing have been done.

Very disappointed, considering the quantity of time spent to set up my app.

Funny you mentioned that Purdueguy, I just went there yesterday to see if there was anything new regarding the same bug, and saw your (lonely) post. I am upset that their only solution for me was that my ipad2 was low on memory when it’s the only thing I use it for. I hope something changes, I didn’t buy the new sqblaster because of this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes we are still around, and heads down working all hours on our next hardware/software. It is seriously overdue and we are pulling all night-ers (for months now) to get things finished.

We are aware of the reported issue of connectivity and updates from MiOS. Teh only way that this can be reproduced at our end is when we get low memory warnings from the iOS system - something that we cant manage from within the App. We will be looking at new ways to handle things, but this might mean large refactoring of existing code (painful).

With regards to the plugin… this is not made by us… it is all third party.

Apologies if we have appeared to drop off the radar… we do still answer all tickets that are raised… this is a MiOS / MCV forum so is not always the first place we check … when we are exhausted at 4am in the morning :slight_smile:

John

Can you clarify this statement? I’m not aware of any issues with the operation of my SQBlaster Plugin. It fully supports both the original (SQBlaster) and the new (SQBlaster+) hardware, and has done so since before the respective products were available to the market.

Please use the SQBlaster Plugin thread to provide specific, concrete, details on any issues you may be experiencing in your environment.

The main areas that need development that of convenience. Better mechanisms to generate out the MiOS-specific AV Device files from the SQRemote config files. This can be done manually today, as documented, but it can definitely be made simpler.

I have a Web/PHP script that automates a bunch of the SQRemote → MiOS Device conversion, for AV Devices, but no-where to host it right now.

Well I have ticket #944360 that has been there since 8/9… I’ve not gotten any response since the autoresponder sent my ticket number… I’m just sayin’…

Hello John.

Will Square Connect be at CEDIA this year? I’d love to stop by and say hello if you are?

Jacob

They are going to be there. I was talking with Mat about it last night.

Very cool! Thanks for chiming in Guessed…hoping to catch a glimpse of the SQ Home Controller.

It will be there… along with Mat! ;D

Bump!

So, yeah, is Squareconnect still around? Their forums seem dead, and all posts regarding this product are ancient. What’s the story? :frowning: