SQConnect Plus can't be controlled if my iphone moves across different APs

I jsut got SQConnect Plus and installed its HD apps on iPhone. I configured its network setting with my SSID and key. It works perfectly on my first WiFi Access Point where I did configuration. Once I move my iphone across my second AP at my home with the same SSID and key but different channel. I can’t send the command to SQConnect Plus. Of course, from its apps, it still shows connected. My iphone can connect the Internet even streaming video across my two separate APs without any issue and very smooth for switch off WiFi network. I don’t know what the protocol or WiFi configuration it hard-code into the device. I try to join the network once across AP, it can’t join and prompt me password is incorrect. Once I type in again, it can join and connect to the device for remote control. But I switch to another AP, the problem comes again. Any idea?

Of course, MIOS control can do it across APs without any issue becasue it should get the configuration direct from cp.mios.com to my home’s VeraLite3 which is different network method between MIOS control and its IR control.

My guess is that the problem is that although you are using the same SSID and passphrase, you are on different “sub nets”. Each wifi access point, by default, sets up its own TCP/IP ‘sub net’ and usually has it’s own DHCP server.

SQRemote uses the apple ‘bonjour’ service discovery protocol to find the IP address of the blaster and this will only work on the ‘local’ subnet.

To make your home network one network that all devices can ‘see each other’, you will need to make one of the wifi devices ‘switch’ to the other, or both wifi access points a ‘switch’ to the cable or DSL modem.

The key is to make one device issue the IP addresses (be the DHCP server), for the whole network.

One point is that we have found the Bonjour protocol in some networks get a little bit unreliable if it has to hop through too many routers, switches and gateways, and you may need to assign an ip address to the blaster ‘mac address’ in the DHCP server (the blaster will then always be given that IP address when it powers up) and then enter this address in SQRemote in teh SQRemote->settings->SQBlasters and Devices-> options.

If you have any more issues or this doenst make any snese, please feel free to raise a ticket on squareconnect.com.