SQblaster UI7

Is there any way to get the SQblaster running under UI7? I have upgraded several weeks ago, and seeing the SQ blaster beeing useless makes me cry all day ;D

So, any way to get this thing running again, or should I sell this wonderfull device?

Unfortunately your only solution to get this to work remotely is to use a VPN and configure the app to use locally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:184113”]Unfortunately your only solution to get this to work remotely is to use a VPN and configure the app to use locally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Thats not a problem, but does their plugin actually work on UI7?

I just took a basic install of UI7 (1.7.439) on a Vera 3 unit, added the SQBlaster Plugin from apps.mios.com, and used the Advanced Settings to give it the IP Address of my SQBlaster Device.

After this, the Settings tab of the SQBlaster Device is showing that the Device is Up, along with the version information for the Puck. I checked the logs also, and it all looks correct at that level.

At the top of the Settings Dialog, there’s a chunk of Text coming from Vera, with no explanation:
Can’t Detect Device

But other than that UI7-introduced issue, the Plugin is detecting the SQBlaster device correctly.

Do you have more specific information on what’s not working? Please be as specific as possible, with step-by-step instructions (or sample XML files, for IR Codes, etc) since there’s a devil in the details here.

PS: I have no idea why Garrett thinks you need a VPN to get the SQBlaster Plugin working … 8)

Sorry I thought the original poster WA’s referring to SQRemote.

• Garrett

[quote=“guessed, post:4, topic:184113”]I just took a basic install of UI7 (1.7.439) on a Vera 3 unit, added the SQBlaster Plugin from apps.mios.com, and used the Advanced Settings to give it the IP Address of my SQBlaster Device.

After this, the Settings tab of the SQBlaster Device is showing that the Device is Up, along with the version information for the Puck. I checked the logs also, and it all looks correct at that level.

At the top of the Settings Dialog, there’s a chunk of Text coming from Vera, with no explanation:
Can’t Detect Device

But other than that UI7-introduced issue, the Plugin is detecting the SQBlaster device correctly.

Do you have more specific information on what’s not working? Please be as specific as possible, with step-by-step instructions (or sample XML files, for IR Codes, etc) since there’s a devil in the details here.

PS: I have no idea why Garrett thinks you need a VPN to get the SQBlaster Plugin working … 8)[/quote]

Well, I have installed the plugin, and it sees the SQ blaster. Now, I am wondering what to do next? On UI 5, I created IR devices. On UI7 I have no clue what to do. My goal is to be able to turn off or on the IR devices with vera scene. My Ipad runs on IOS8, I have copied to SQblaster files from it, and downloaden the configuration files from box.net. But which steps do I need to take if I want to be able to control my IR devices through a Vera scene?

Hi,

Sorry this is an old topic but just wondering if anyone had found a solution to using SQ Blaster in UI7. Like the last post I have installed the SQ Blaster app but the 4 IR Apps do not appear to install like they did in UI5.