SQBlaster Plugin up but sending nothing?

Hi all, I’m a little bit desperate, I have tried hundreds of codesets to control my tv (Sony Braia KDL 46W4500) through the SQBlaster plugin, wich is up and runing but it seems no one works. I’ve tried the demo version of andriod app Total control and the sqblaster worked with the first codeset (of course, I’ve also tried this). I don’t have an iPad or iPhone so I can’t manually add the device and extract the xml. Do you have any idea what can I try to check it, and a solution, or as codeset that is working? The Sqblaster plugin version is 0.32 in a Vera3 with firmware 1.5.408 (Spanisdh language interface).
Thaks in asdvance.

Can you post a few screenshots showing how you associated the SQBlaster plugin with your device files for the Sony?

Also, please post the device files for the Sony IR Device files themselves, so I can see how they’re setup… And a short description (or screenshot) showing how youre invoking the IR Actions on the Sony device (an advanced scene, a URL, etc)

I merged your duplicate post, feel free to delete one of them.

Hi, I don’t have sony device files, I’m using only the sqblaster plugin. I though it would work as I’ve read in a post here (sorry I can’t find the post now). I have tried diferent codesets but without succes. So do you mean that in UI5 if I have the sqblaster plugin and I create an IR device, it still won’t work and I need the device xml?

Thanks for your response.

I found the posts in here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11061.msg78749.html#msg78749
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10675.msg74856.html#msg74856

Maybe it is the embedded IR Remote not working?

Hi, I’ve ereased the Sqbluster plugin and installed again, now I have checked that the sqblaster is sending a ir code, at least the red led turns on and off each time I press a button on vera remote. So the problem should be in the codeset. Somebody knows wich is the one for Sony kdl 46W4500?

Thanks

Maybe try using the Vera functionality to add An IR device from you Vera’s menus Devices > Add device > add an ir device. Use guided and follow the onscreen instructions. You might be present with a number of code sets, just test them and select either yes or no if they work or not. the outcome will appear as a remote in the AV gear tab. Also add the function to smartphone apps such as Vera mobile

Thanks I did that but none of the code sets worked for me. I have tried the code sets that are in the SQdesigner and they work, I don’t really know why the same code sets doesn’t work in the plugin. I think I’m missing something.

One of the issues encountered with sending IR to Sony TV is most require a multiple sends or repeats.
Every thing I have set up for Sony (I do not use Vera to do this), I have the repeat set at three.
I don’t have your TV or the SQ Blaster and I have added a generic Sony TV set or IR codes.
With other IR programs you can set repeat send; however, with Vera, you would need to modify the code in the xml file.
eg. if the code was 123456789 and may need to be repeated twice would be 123456789123456789

Now you maybe able to test when adding the IR and presented with a codeset by clicking on the volume multiple times quickly.
I have another model of the Sony TV KDL43X2000 and for mine when I tested it, it would have used set eight.

I believe SQ Blaster has some IR code capture? If so, you code use the guided set up to generate the file set and then modify it with the codes captured. I looked on Remote Central and I could not find a code set and therefore, that is why I added the generic set.

Best of luck

Many thanks, I have tried and it seems it is what you say, I’ll need to repeat the ir code in the xml. Now I need to find the best way to do it. Any suggestion? :wink: