SQ RemoteHD issue with remote/Local access with same device

Hello. I have installed Vera Automation system at my office. I am using my iPod to remotely access Vera from my home & its working fine most of the time except.

1. When i get the iPod back with me to the office & at times the internet connection at my office faces trouble. At that time SQ remote doesn’t locally connect. It means when the internet connection has stopped working, my access to the system is blocked. But at the same time Home-Buddy is working fine from my Android cellphone. And also the dashboard from my computer.

2. At times the SQ remote just doesn’t connect the Vera be it remotely or locally, where as the dashboard & the Home-Buddy is working fine.

How should i sort out the issue?

SQ Remote will either connect locally or via the internet, but will not automatically switch. If you roam, then you should set the connection to always connect remotely. Your Android Home buddy is connecting through the cellular data network which with your office appears to be the better Internet connection :frowning:

what i have done is SQ Remote HD has 2configurations, the first one is for remote access & other one is for local access for the same vera. And it has worked fine, where i dont need to shift or change my settings.

But the problem i face is, all of sudden nor does my dashboard(from laptop) respond nor does the SQremoteHD gets connected. Where as my internet connection is working fine.

Plus at the same time my android devices like HTC phone & Android Tablet are connected to my wifi. And using both i am able to control the vera system well.

Is this the issue of SQ remote connectivity with Vera or Vera itself is malfunctioning?

Hi John!

SQ Remote running on my iPhone
How to connect will via the internet with the Sq remote?
In my home where we are the internet ip is a dynamically, not fix IP

[quote=“arhat, post:3, topic:172388”]what i have done is SQ Remote HD has 2configurations, the first one is for remote access & other one is for local access for the same vera. And it has worked fine, where i dont need to shift or change my settings.

But the problem i face is, all of sudden nor does my dashboard(from laptop) respond nor does the SQremoteHD gets connected. Where as my internet connection is working fine.

Plus at the same time my android devices like HTC phone & Android Tablet are connected to my wifi. And using both i am able to control the vera system well.

Is this the issue of SQ remote connectivity with Vera or Vera itself is malfunctioning?[/quote]

I think that this is the refresh defect that we have submitted a new version to Apple for. However there seems to be an issue with iOS6 in certain circumstances… we are chasing this down.

John

[quote=“slajgaj, post:4, topic:172388”]Hi John!

SQ Remote running on my iPhone
How to connect will via the internet with the Sq remote?
In my home where we are the internet ip is a dynamically, not fix IP[/quote]

Right now, you will need to either (1) have a fixed IP or (2) use a dynamic DNS service or (3) control the blaster with the plugin for Vera. We aer implementing remote connection to the blaster, but this will come after the release of the controller … as we will be re-using the code from that project.

Thanks John, i will using the DynDNS