Sq remote hd iPad label disappear

Hi guys,

The labels of the sensor are disappearing after some minutes in iPad app of sq remote hd.

Please see the attachment.

I cannot more read any information.

I have iPad I and Vera 2 with UI5.

Before now it was working correctly. I didn’t change anything.

Could you help me?

Thanks
Matteo

@teonebello,

It most likely that the Vera is timing out on s a status refresh - try increasing the timeout and poll time in teh SQRemote settings area.

[quote=“SquareConnectMat, post:2, topic:171319”]@teonebello,

It most likely that the Vera is timing out on s a status refresh - try increasing the timeout and poll time in teh SQRemote settings area.[/quote]

Hi,

I tried to increase the timeout but nothing same problem.

If I close the app or I click manual refresh in setting then all the module name will be show correctly.

What could I do? The button are also working when there is no name, but nothing is clear without name!

Ps: the sq blaster plug in installed in the Vera has some impact?

Thank you in advance
Regards,
Matteo

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ojrue1

Hi,

Nobody experienced this issue?

It s really blocking my project and my home.

Thanks for the support
Matteo

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jefin1

Yes, I think this is a common problem.
I have experienced this a lot. It is caused mainly (I think) when you add new devices to vera and save a lot in the process. Once the setup is stable, the problems seem to disappear.
Hope this helps
Umtauscher

[quote=“umtauscher, post:5, topic:171319”]Yes, I think this is a common problem.
I have experienced this a lot. It is caused mainly (I think) when you add new devices to vera and save a lot in the process. Once the setup is stable, the problems seem to disappear.
Hope this helps
Umtauscher[/quote]

Thanks to share your situation, so I know that I m not alone.

The point is that we I connect sq remote hd to vera all the devices are visible. After some minutes or hours the devices are disappear in all my devices (iPhone and iPad). I can understand te sq remote can go in timeout, but the devices are papering anymore also after some hours. I have to quit and close the app and rerun.

But having an iPad I the wall this problem is very annoying.

Any solution?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Matteo

[quote=“SquareConnectMat, post:2, topic:171319”]@teonebello,

It most likely that the Vera is timing out on s a status refresh - try increasing the timeout and poll time in teh SQRemote settings area.[/quote]

Dear SquareConnectMat,

I tried to increase the timeout also to 200 second and the polling to 5s, but still the same problem.

The label disappear from Sq remote HD. You can see the setting in the image.

I opened also a ticket to Vera and they test my Vera 3 and it is responding fast. I cannot understand this issue.

I have also upgrade from Vera 2 to Vera 3 thinking that was a performance issue, but it’s still here.

I notices that are always the same devices’ label that are disappear (about 80% from by 40 devices and 20 scenes).

If I go in the setting of sq remote, then in the mios and then I choose my vera and i click refresh, sq remote updates the labels in less then half second.

But if i leave sq remote running, any refresh is coming also when Vera is running.

Could you please help me?

The sqremote device installed in Vera is always the same?

Thank you a lot in advance
Regards,
Matteo

I have the sane problem and opened a ticket with them. I can recreate the problem simply by hitting refresh on the browser, or restarting the Lua engine. Very bad problem I have this software dedicated to IPads that are permanently mounted to control rooms, now they are useless. I’d this can’t be fixed soon, I will have to find another ios solution since nothing has labels

[quote=“big517, post:8, topic:171319”]I have the sane problem and opened a ticket with them. I can recreate the problem simply by hitting refresh on the browser, or restarting the Lua engine. Very bad problem I have this software dedicated to IPads that are permanently mounted to control rooms, now they are useless. I’d this can’t be fixed soon, I will have to find another ios solution since nothing has labels

2[/quote]

Exactly having the iPad on the wall as main controller, now it became completely useless.

Good to know that this problem “could” be caused by the restarting of the lua engine, so this can be an hints for Sq remote or Micasaverde.

I would like to start a business and I plan my system with Sq remote, but without this issue solved, I cannot be sure that is the right way. Otherwise Sq remote HD is wonderful.

Thank you for the help
Matteo

I discovered that the labels are disappearing in SQ Remote if the SQ remote try to update/poll the VEra during the reload or restart of the lua engine.

But after the restart (without label in SQ remote), sq remote is working but is not refreshing more the label. Why not?? Vera 3 after reloading is ready!

Where is the problem?

Is it normal that the lua engine or the system is reload every hour? I didn’t check but I m thinking that Vera is continuously reloading.

Thank you for your support
Regards,
Matteo

Which Vera and UI are you running? If its a V2, have you got many devices or plugins loaded or the Ergy plugin running?

Which Vera and UI are you running? If its a V2, have you got many devices or plugins loaded or the Ergy plugin running?[/quote]

I Have a Vera 3 with ui5 last firmare .346.

I Have just migrated in order to avoid performance issue.

I have about 30 devices, 20 scenes and 8 plug in installed. No ergy.

Is it normal a continuously reload (not done by me) that can cause this problem in sq remote?

In the browser Vera seems very reactive!

Thanks for help

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wvjcvg

OK well that’s my theory out of the window :slight_smile: If you had a V2 then yes they can very unstable!

If you are able to SSH in, then you should see if you can search for things like “LuaUPnP crash” or similar in the LuaUPnp.log
Crashes certainly don’t seem to be unusual, however if its hourly then that’s too much!

[quote=“strangely, post:13, topic:171319”]OK well that’s my theory out of the window :slight_smile: If you had a V2 then yes they can very unstable!

If you are able to SSH in, then you should see if you can search for things like “LuaUPnP crash” or similar in the LuaUPnp.log
Crashes certainly don’t seem to be unusual, however if its hourly then that’s too much![/quote]

My vera (also mcv checked it) is fast and responsive. Few logs are written.

I becoming crazy trying to solve this problem, but I m now without any idea more…I m also hopeless.

I cannot any find of solution of possible workaround (automatic refresh of sq remote), but nothing…

Also if very love Sq remote HD, I m considering Automator HD where this problem doesn’t occur.

I’m still waiting on Wayne from Tech Support to follow up with me from his email to me on 5/25. Just sent him a reminder and I’m sure they are reading this. This needs to be fixed, It’s to the point of us avoiding the controller altogether.

Hi Everyone… apologies for the delay in getting a fix on this… we simply were not able to reproduce in a consistent manner, however a new user (who is an iOS programmer) was able to lead us to a way of recreating this defect consistently… we now have a fix and we will be releasing a new version of SQ Remote HD / Lite later today to the app store… (will take a week or so to get through Apple I guess…

John
Square Connect.

Thank you!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2