SQ Designer Icons

I am back to playing around with SQ Designer again. I am looking for some icons to finish it. Specifically I am looking for a volume icon. Anyone have any good icons they wish to share? A site that has home automation icons? Here are a few screenshots from my iPad.

I saw this site posted elsewhere (by @akashk). It looks pretty good.

Original thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14046.msg107216.html#msg107216

has some way to change the name MAIN to another ?

thanks !

That looks great. How do i get these icons into SQ designer ?

I first created a blank transparent button. I replaced the stock SQ Designer box 65x48 px with the new one. Then I found an icon that I wanted to use. Dropped it in the stock SQ Designer Icons, and then continued as usual.

The only issue that I have was that the stock icon image never changes, so you have to keep tabs on which icon is where.

I know this is probably very stupid, but how do i create a transparent button, and next how do i replace the stock icon ? I guess they must be somewhere in the SQ designer install directory ? So i have to overwrite or can i just add the buttons i have created ?

Not stupid at all.

I have attached a blank 98x80 transparent png file.

Open SQ Designer and drag & drop the 98x80 button into the button section of SQ Designer (drop it into the first box of the 98x80)

Take an icon that you would like to use, and drop that icon (in PNG format) into the first icon box.

Bare in mind that this is a pretty crude work around. For instance the original icon never changes, you have to remember where you placed the icon in order to be able to use it.

It will not let me drop it into SQ designer, neither in the button section nor anywhere into my designs. I have copied the blank button into my documents, and trying to drag it into the open sq designer (the selection bar to the right in sq designer, where the buttons and icons are)

hmmm, I am not sure what to tell you.

your instructions were quite clear i thought…

(drop it into the first box of the 98x80)
what did you mean by that ? maybe that is my problem ?
And

I replaced the stock SQ Designer box 65x48 px with the new one
how did you replace that ?

Mikee123, where you able to ever figure out how to add your own custom icons into SQ Designer? I tried to do this yesterday and I too followed the instructions suggested by Legend99, but was unsuccessful. The program would not let me drag Legend’s transparent button PNG file to the “button” section and any other PNG icon file into the “icon” section. It would give me the icon with the red circle and line through it for “not allowed”.

I opened a ticket with the fellas at Squareconnect, anxiously awaiting a response.

Legend, I saw your screenshots, and they look great. Your color icons are much better than the canned provided icons in SQ Designer. Why would it work for you and not for others? Anything else I am missing?

Hi, unfortunately not, i think it looks absolutely grat, and am very frustrated that i cant figure out how to do it

Mikee, I was able to figure this out and I received confirmation from John at SquareConnect after I did as well. Basically, you have to create a new ‘theme’ under the themes tab and save it under whatever name you like. Then you can drag and drop PNG files onto any of the specific buttons that you want to use. I actually chose buttons I would never use and replaced those buttons with the logos I wanted to use. You must make sure to save the theme after you add the icons.

Also, like Legend said, you must remember what buttons you dragged your icons too. When you go to drag the button with an icon on it, the icon does not show up in the list. It is still an image of the original button. When you drag that button over to the layout, you then need to make sure you select your saved theme from the dropdown box towards top left. Right under the dropdown for ‘iphone’ or ‘ipad’ layout.

After you choose the theme, the icon appears on the layout. Once you have several icons added and you forget where the icons were located, you can switch back to ‘classic’ theme to see what the original buttons were that you replaced with icons. Then switch back to your theme.

Lastly, you need to make sure you upload your theme to box.net, download the theme from box.net to your ipad. Then you need to go in through the edit function on the ipad and assign the theme you want to use for that layout. Works great once you get it figured out and easily makes the layout a more customized look and feel.

Hope this helps your cause.

Thanks very much for that, will give that a try over the weekend. Would be great to get this to work !

Perfect!!!
Works great, now my SQ remote Looks nice!!!

Has anyone manage to put the PNG files bigger than the Button used?

Did the blank button sized 140x100, but its not big enough!

Its there an way to control XBMC inside the Sq remote?

Solved!!

YES we can put the icons bigger than the actual size of the button!
just readjust the size of the button, in blank! and the icon will apear bigger!!!

Yes
XBMC can be opened and controled BY webview!!!

HI all

its there an chance of someone send me the buttons from irule??
like the Black volume
and remote control round arrows!

there are some missing from the files that they let us download!!

Some pics!

Very Good Conrado,
are you brazilian ?
how you add the name of channels ? what resource do you have used for this ?
thanks !

[quote=“Piwtorak, post:19, topic:175142”]Very Good Conrado,
are you brazilian ?
how you add the name of channels ? what resource do you have used for this ?
thanks ![/quote]

HI,

Yes i am!!

Look at the 2 screenshots

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7547.0.html

find the LOGO(chanel you want) in .PNG
Reduce the size using

DONEEEE