SQ Blaster Vs Logitech Harmony

im wanting to take my Vera Lite to the next level controlling my AV equipment via IR. As far as I can see there are practically only two choices which are SQ Blaster or the Logitech Harmony… or are there others?

Can any of these be used as a blaster and an extender at the same time? ie do they repeat the IR signal from the remotes for equipment in cabinets behind doors? My equipment is all hidden behind cabinet doors but still need the normal remotes to be working

And also, have downloaded the SQ Remote LE on iOS without having purchase the SQ blaster, but it will not find my Vera Lite… should it be working without the SQ Blaster?

Thanks

The SQ blaster comes with LEDs which can be placed inside the cabinet, they have a sticky tape on them with which you can stick them onto the equipment. The SQ blaster itself can be used inside the cabinet too, as it emits IR too. So you can use the SQ blaster as extender as well.
I am not sure about the iOS app not finding your Vera, I use the PC software, that has no problems finding my Vera. I would think the iOS app should find your Vera as well, you will have to be on the same WiFi though

SQ Remote Lite will not recognize a Vera system. You need the “HD” version for that. To be honest though, you may want to try something else. I have a Blaster (for 3 years now), and it’s working fine, but there is basically no support for the product. The company has been inactive for a long time, which may end up being very frustrating for a new user. Good luck whichever way you go, and please let us know here. Thanks!

I’m also searching for a solution for ir… I used to use marmitek ir extender to convert IR to RF and was able to control x10 equipment … So perhaps it is possible to use the Vera to send rf command that could be converted to ir ?

Envoy? de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

So I did go for the SQ Blaster Plus after all. Its actually pretty neat except that I cant save my configs on box.net (now box.com) as it wont authenticate for some reason. Opened a ticket at Box and waiting for response

Main motivator for the purchase despite the company having gone bust (and thus no support) was the ability to control it from Vera

There is a problem with the box authentication. Best way around is save to your hdd, then manually upload to box, then you can download it to your SQ connect, that’s the way I do it. Someone on here sent a email to box.net, and they authenticated it and its working again for him. I couldn’t be bothered to be honest, but I do not do a lot of changes any more to my config, its pretty static. If you are just starting out it might be worth doing. If you search in the SQ part of the forum you’ll probably find the thread

This is the thread:

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26182.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26182.0.html[/url]