SQ Blaster & Vera2 working together?

I’m contemplating buying an SQ Blaster and SQ Remote, but have a question first. I currently have a Vera2 and use iVera to controll my lighting, locks, and thermostat. This setup works great, however I’d love to throw some A/V control into the mix. I’d like to use the SQ Blaster to control my home theater gear, but still use the Vera2 to control my z-wave stuff, and control everything from the SQ Remote app when I’m at home. Is this possible? I know there are some plug-ins to make the SQ Blaster and the Vera2 talk to each other, but I’m wondering if that’s even necessary for my needs.

If you are using SQ Remote as the main source of control, then you really don’t even need the plugin for what you are trying to achieve. You execute a command from the remote app, and it sends some signals to Vera (for lights, etc) and others directly to the SQ Blaster (for IR). Works great!

That being said, we are all still hoping for the promised official vera SQ Blaster plugin to be released, so that Vera can directly control the SQ Blaster without the need for SQ Remote in some instances… such as shutting off all A/V equipment along with all of the lights when leaving the house, etc.

Whoah, this gets interesting. I’ve been looking into the SQ, but a plugin would make it a must-buy X2 for me.

@Intrepid,

User guessed has put together a pretty solid Plugin

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sqblaster

I know there are still a few wrinkles around automatic conversion of SQ Remote files to Mios format, but for putting some IR commands into Mios Scenes it works pretty well.

For interactive control, we recommend driving the SQ Blaster directly from SQ Remote, as that provides the lowest latency control.

Mat